Chapter Three: Wolves and Conversations

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

As the week was fast approaching to an end, the twins and Bella were hiking through the forest on a Thursday Evening. As they get to the destination - an open field filled with different flowers.

"Edward used to bring me here. I don't know why we're here" Bella explained. Alex and Ace look at their sister "you miss him, I know you do" Alex says which surprised the other two.

He can see that "what? I have feelings you know. I'm not made of fucking stone" Alex said while scoffing. "it's still a beautiful place" Bella says as she looks up and stops in her tracks looking frightened.

"What? what's wrong?" Ace asks seeing his sisters stance. Bella points to who she can see - the twins look up and only to see Laurent. "Oh, fucking great. this guy again" Alex says mumbling.

"Bella. Twins" Laurent says creepy. "don't anyone know how to say our names?" Alex asks out loud. "I went to visit the Cullens, but the house is empty." Laurent says to them.

He looks at them "I'm surprised they left you three behind" he adds. Alex and Ace move next to Bella slowly Laurent not even noticing. "Do they visit often?" He asks more questions.

"Don't know, don't fucking care either." the three say. That shocked Laurent so much it left him speechless. "Anything else or are you going to pass through? Again" Ace asks him after a minute of silence.

Laurent smiles and says, "I came as a favour to Victoria." This shocked Bella "Victoria?" she asked. "Is that the ginger one?" Alex asks not even caring if he offended anyone.

"She wanted to see if they were still around. Protecting you. Especially you Alex. She feels you know and eye for an eye. Mate for a mate." Laurent explains.

Ace looks at Laurent - "seriously? you came here to see if they left, even though you were in Alaska - where they are right now?" Ace asks not believing him.

Laurent looks at Ace was going to say something but doesn't get a chance to "I don't believe it" he exclaims. Suddenly they hear growling behind them - they turn around and see a pack of wolves.

Laurent turns around to run away - a wolf stops near Bella to look at her "Jacob" she says knowing it's him. As the wolves run after Laurent, they catch and kill him.

"Holy shit. We all know that's Sam Uley and everyone we met the other day, right?" Ace says out loud already knowing the answer. As they make it back home - they walk in to see Charlie with Billy Black and Harry Clearwater.

"Hey kids, how was your hike?" Charlie asks them. "Yeah fun, we saw like really big bears" Ace says with a glint in his eyes looking at Billy and Harry.

A glint they recognize as a 'we know they are wolves'. As Harry and Billy went to leave - they looked at the siblings eating dinner watching a comedy film in the living room, deciding just to ring Charlie the next day to invite them all around for a bon fire night for next week as they know the siblings are going to their mothers after school tomorrow.