Chapter Eight: Italy Invite

The next day - Sunday, Carlisle invited Charlie and Billy round to explain why they left and the phone call - which leads them to discussing the weekend.

Charlie and Billy looked at each other sighing - "I'm not happy about this. We don't have a choice, now do we?" Charlie said sarcastically. "Dad!" the twins and Bella all shout leaving their mates to go to their father.

"Hey uncle Billy, what you doing here? Not being mean or anything but you did say you'll kill them" Ace says smirking at Edward. Who shifts uncomfortably.

"Huh, it's still an option. But no, we were asked here. I'm guessing they don't know." Billy said absolutely loving how the twins make Edward uncomfortable.

"Know what? More secrets?" Alex asked glaring out the window - squinting as if he sees someone or something.

"No secrets. We had a phone call and we needed to speak to your dad and uncle." Esme says calmly. "You three are going to Italy on the weekend with all the Cullens to speak to the Volturi and believe me when I say - if any of my children are hurt whilst there. I will be hunting." Charlie said with a firm voice and stoned face.

"You're doing the week at school though. Alex has to do Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because of what happened last week" he added glaring at Edward. Alex attention is still staring outside - 'who the fuck is that' he asks himself. Edward hearing his thoughts rushing to the window where Alex is.

That move alone makes Jasper move towards Alex wrapping his arms around him. "Edward - please tell me you can see that person standing there" Alex said almost fearful afraid he's the only one.

"Yeah, we see them" Edward answered him. "Alex, darling why are you afraid?" Jasper asks his boyfriend. "Empath remember. What's wrong?" he adds making Alex look at him, but Alex looks at Charlie who nods his head - "it's okay son. try to explain it - you lot might want to sit down." Charlie said, Ace and Bella looking confused.

Everyone sits down and waits for Alex who is standing with Charlie shaking his head with tears in his eyes, "I can't dad - they won't understand" Alex said crying.

"They will, I'll help you. okay?" Charlie rubs Alex's back. He leads Alex into the center of the living room - "Nobody interrupt, nobody move. Understand? You let him finish" Charlie said firmly. They all nod - Ace and Bella are scared as they are thinking the worst.

Alex takes a deep breath - "can you remember when mom took me out for the day when we were kids?" he asks his voice low - Bella and Ace say "yeah." Alex looks at Charlie who nods to continue explaining.

"She took me to a doctor. The reason I asked Edward if he could see the person as well is because I can see and hear things that aren't there. I asked Jasper if this was real multiple times because sometimes, I have delusions that I confuse with reality. When mom caught me talking to the bedroom wall and pointing into the woods and I asked her if she could hear certain things, my anger and I don't even feel bad sometimes if I am bastard to you." Alex says in one breath.

"I can't help it but my medication helps me. So I understand -" he was rambling. "Alex" Bella started to say but Alex didn't stop - "if you don't want me around, I mean I understand -" he keeps saying the same things "Alex" just like Bella he was ignored.

"I love you all expect Edward - I toluate him. I can't help it, I swear I'll be -" he was cut off again but this time it worked at it was everyone shouts "Alex!" He stays looking down as if ashamed. Bella walks upto him kneeling down grabbing his face making him look at her - just her.

"Alex, my best friend. My big brother. don't you dare ever say there is something wrong with you. Have you even spoken about what you have or the name of it?" she said quietly, he shakes his head no.

"Tell me, what is it?" She said to her brother. Who still shakes his head no - "Bells I can't. She made me ashamed. I know mom said sorry and got more for me but -" he was cut off by Bella, "no buts Alex. You're going to have to tell me because I don't know" she said playing dumb.

They knew what she was doing. "Schizophrenia. I have Paranoid Schizophrenia." Alex says crying his eyes out. Bella jumps on him hugging him, Ace joining them. Charlie looks at the Cullens -"I'll answer your questions. He's busy" he firmly said.

"How come he didn't tell them? or us?" Esme said - Charlie sighs and looks at her "he was ashamed. That's what Renee made him feel but that's the past. They're okay now. He didn't want to lose any of you - most of all Jasper." looking at Jasper who nods his head

"Charlie, I am so sorry - Can I be with him?" he asks Charlie. "I already know you're with him. In Italy - you need to stay with him. I don't trust these other vampires. His mind and emotions will be everywhere, Jasper with you being an empath - can you handle that, or will you get overwhelmed?" Charlie asks seriously briefly looking over to his kids.

Jasper looks at Alex with a lovesick look - looks back at Charlie, "I can handle it." he said with conviction. Charlie nods his head before looking at the rest of them - "that goes for all of you - can you handle his moods? his emotions? like he said - he can be a right fucker, so I'm just making sure" he said even more sternly.

"Charlie - we will look after them. We can handle Alex - don't worry. We love them like our own family. That includes you" Esme said with a motherly tone.

Charlie nods his head and looks at his kids "you three, I'm going home. Alex - I'm proud of you. I'll see you before Italy anyway. Alex drop them at school tomorrow and then come home" he hugged his kids and walked out.

After the twins and Bella calmed down but Ace and Bella sticking with their brother - "so Italy?" Bella asked. Everyone laughs at her - "yeah Italy, so we got a call from Aro - he wants to meet you and basically ordered us there next weekend. We called Charlie and Billy to explain and asked if it was okay to take you out of the country from Friday night to Sunday." Carlisle explained again.

They nod their head but shortly noticed Alex was asleep on Ace shoulder but holding Bellas hand. "We didn't know" Bella mumbled.

"That's why he must've been arguing with mom a lot. I'm glad he told us and he's receiving treatment." Ace said. They make small conversation until 11pm - "We best go to bed Ace, we have school tomorrow" Bella said.

Carefully - Ace and Bella stood up as Jasper came over to lift Alex to take him upstairs. Alice led Ace to their room and Edward doing the same. Everyone settles for the night.