Chapter 3: Snapped

The events of yesterday still haunted my memories as I watched Rylie eat her curly fries and chicken .

I lean over stealing one of her fries when she was distracted, however I wasn't hired for my stealth since she looked up catching me in the act and giggle I knew she'd realized her sudden decreasing of fries .

She looked behind me at the tv which was showing 'girl meets world', usually I'd be into the show with her but the Stephen situation was bugging the shit out of me .

The doorbell rang pulling me out of my train of thought, i get up going towards the door . The person is banging by now, what the heck relax bruh it's only been a couple of seconds. Stephen walked into the room probably going to get the door also but I beat him to it. I open the door and immediately wished I didn't , I tried to close back the door but she pushed it open slipping her way in.

"Where's Wardell ?" She asked boldly .
"He's not h-"
"Mya who was at the door...fuck" he curse walking into the problem I was trying to avoid for him .

" get out of my house Ayesha ,"
Stephen pulls me back behind him , at first I thought it was to more hide me or his way of telling me to give them some space but then he was holding my wrist tightly as to tell me stay behind him, was he protecting me?
"Not without my child !" She hands Stephen and yellow envelope and pushed us to the side going further in the house .

I went after her as Stephen stood there still stunned opening the envelope.

When I enter the kitchen she was already picking up Riley and grabbing her bag that i packed earlier for the game.
" put her down !" I growl grabbing onto her hair bringing her back before she can leave the kitchen.

I tried to grab Riley whom was struggling to get away, but Ayesha spun around after getting her false hair out my grasp and slash at my face digging me on the cheek .I stumble back grabbing my face , when I regain myself I ran after her. Stephen was still in the same spot reading the paper, Ayesha walked past him quickly and he didn't even try to stop her.

What the hell? Stephen she's taking your child, your daughter !the little girl you'd jump in front a bullet for !

I was about to dash out the door after her but Stephen grabbed my arm, I tugged my arm trying to get free .
" let me go ! She's taking her !" I shout annoyed and angry at his blank expression.
I somehow got my arm free running out the house to the front lawn towards the car that was backing out the driveway .

Stephen ran out behind me finally deciding to move from his spot at the door frame, pulling me down on the grass , his arms set around my waist securely not letting me get away.
"Let me go! She's taking her we can't let her !"
" stop !" He says in my ears holding down my arms to stop me from fighting him .
" Stephen she's leaving with her !"
" stop Mya ," he says softly , his voice cracked sounding defeated and heartbroken although his expression didn't show it a minute ago.

I stopped fighting and just sat on the damp lawn watching the silver Volvo drive away with the little girl I had grown so closed to, I had to look away to refrain from fighting again . I didn't realize I was crying until I felt a tear drop onto my hand Stephen was holding tightly, turning around I cried into his chest .
We stayed like that for a while eventually the neighbors started coming out to see what's the commotion was about reminding us of how public our display was.

Stephen slipped his hands under my legs lifting me up walking back into the house closing the door with his foot .
——-
' Mr. Wardell Curry

I'd like to advise you that the court have decided to remove Riley Curry from your custody in light of the accusations from neighbors and family members of your mistreatment of your child. The child will be placed into the custody of the biological mother, Ayesha Alexander until Wednesday 10th 2015 at 4:00 p.m. where the court will decide on custody of the child .'