Chapter 17: Sick {Game 5}

[sorry for any wrong spelling and mistakes , sorry it's short I rushed]

Riley's soft coughs could be heard from the bedroom Stephen and I were in. His head was placed over mine as we spooned , his loud snores were heard almost triumphed Riley's cough but her constant coughing and wheezing was just bothering me.

I push Stephen's arms off me gently getting off the bed, he shift his potion groaning a bit. I freeze waiting to see if he woke up , his light snores start once again reassuring me that he's still very much asleep.

I go to Riley's room turning on the lights , Riley's little frame was curled up under the covers. "Riley baby?"
She groans pulling the cover from over her head .
"You sick?"

She nods in response looking at me through her hooded eyes. She raise her arms for me to pick her up kicking off the covers. She rest her head on my shoulder breathing heavily, I could feel her body heat radiating off her skin, she definitely had a fever.

I carry her to the kitchen putting her on the counter to sit , I turn walking over to the cabinets ,searching through them.
"Which one has the medicine again? Or is it in the bathroom? I can't remember it's been a while since you've been sick.
She coughs into her arm while pointed to the cabinet with a lock on it.

I walk over raising an eyebrow , why would he put a lock on a cabinet that Riley can't even reach?
I didn't bother looking for the key knowing Stephen hides things like a damn ninja pro . I get a knife from the draw and start fiddling with the locker.
"I don't think you should do that ," Riley informed

I stop look back at her, "do you want to stay sick or get better?"
She blinks at me and I take that as a gesture to continue what I was doing.
Finally the lock clicked open and the door opened a crack .

I pull it open wider looking through the dozens of pills and medicine , I saw a pink liquid bottle at the back , I moved one of the bottles out the way then I noticed the label.

What the fuc-...

I slowly turned all the bottles reading the labels .
Zoloft , Xanax , Amitriptyline , Ativan , steroids and the lists goes on!

What worries me the most is the amount of bottles there was, some had three of the same kind and most were half empty!
Oh. My. God. Please tell me he's not addicted .... That would explain a lot because some of the side effects of these things I know to be bad .

"Did you find it?" Riley ask making me jump. I knock down a few bottles grabbing Riley's medicine.
I shut the cabinet hearing it click locking back I turn to Riley .

I tilt her head back pouring some in her mouth feeling to lazy to get a spoon. I lift her back on my waist going back upstairs ."wanna sleep with daddy and I?" She nods resting her head back on my shoulder as I carried her to Stephens room where he was still very well asleep .

I put her in the middle laying down next to her , she cuddle up with me falling asleep quickly .
But I couldn't .

The drugs were on my mind and I couldn't help but worry. I wanna ask Stephen about it but if he's really overdosing on those pills  , I'm afraid what will happen when he snaps .
Needless to say I wish I didn't find them .

*

"Where's my keys!" Stephen yells more than asks throwing the pillows off the couch .

He's late for his interview, today he had an early interview and a game a few hours after . Game 5 to be exact.

"Stephen I need to ta-"
"Not right now Mya! , help me find the keys first," he grumbles angrily pulling jackets out the closet tossing it on the floor.
Ugh. I have to clean that up after asshole!

I sign knowing he wasn't gonna talk to me until I get the keys.
"Chill out okay Stephen I'll get it," I tell him walking to the bedroom.
I search his pants pocket that he wore yesterday and of course I found it.

This dude never looks properly .

I walk back to the living area right as Stephen walks out the kitchen shoving a different set of keys in his pocket.
He spots the keys in my hand smiling he comes over hugging me briefly.

"Thanks, I gotta go but we'll talk later okay?" He kiss my cheek speeding out the door.
"Bye Riley!" He says lastly.
"Wait-" the door slams shut.

Shit! Of course...

"Mama!" Riley's hoarse voice calls from her bedroom.
"Coming !" I answer tearing my half glare at the door.