Chapter 4: Need her the most

Waking up with a major headache was terrible but waking up and realizing I was alone and hurting was worst.

I could barely remember anything that happened last night, I remember coming onto Mya then I was watching out the window and seeing her walk to our guest house . God... I really messed up she must be pissed with me, I pull on a jersey and a sweat pants and made my way downstairs .
I walked around the house looking for her at this time she's usually cleaning , I come up to Riley's room , I couldn't get myself to go in there since Ry left.
After searching the house panic sets in, Please god Mya be in the guest house.

I walked in ,everything seemed normal except the bedroom , the draws were pulled out an on the floor and bed . Most of her cloths were gone , the rest were sprawl out on the bed .fuck! No.
——-
I called her over and over , 23 times and she hasn't answer ,voicemail after voicemail.
" Hello this is Mya I can't come to the phone right now so-"
"Answer me Mya!" I shout frustrated hanging up.
I had to get to the airport in two hours , I can't leave without her . I can't lose her too.
I dial the only person I know could help me at this moment ,I listen to it ringing trying not to break down , god answer your phone .
"Yeah Steph ," klay finally answer.
" please come over , Mya is gone ,"
I hear klay mumble a few curse words before he replies." I'm coming ,"

I head back over to my house and sit waiting for him.

Klay sits watching me pace the kitchen , he takes a sip of beer with an amused look on his face .
"I don't know man...maybe I screamed at her or something I don't know..."
"Well obviously you did something other than try to fuck her for her to leave,"he says pausing my pace for a second , I glare at him "thank you captain obnoxious ," I growl then continue pacing .
" you know what I'll just call her okay relax ,"
He says pulling out his phone.

Why didn't he think of this 10 minutes ago.

He dials the number putting it on speaker , my heart pounds in my chest , waiting to see if she would answer.
"Hello?" I hear her pained voice answer .
Klay looks at me and put his finger on his lip telling me to be quiet .
" hay baby g where you at?"
" klay I'm not stupid I know your there with Stephen , I'm not gonna tell you ,good b-"
"Wait no Mya!" He gets up taking the phone off speaker .
I watch him confused following him as he made his way down the hall.
"What is she saying?" I whisper to him .
He held up his hand going in the spare bedroom before I can go in he close the door in my face . Damn it!

I stood outside the door only hearing klays faint replies . After a couple of minutes the door was reopened and klay came out .
I watch him waiting for him to say something.
" she's in Portland by her family ," he says walking back to the kitchen .
" I'm going,"

I say heading to the bedroom to get my things .
"What? Bro are you mad ? We have a flight in less than an hour and if you go there you'll miss your flight , "
I grab up my duffle bag and my car keys .
" no dip shit Sherlock ," I say alreading walking out the house.

"Stephen think this through man ! It's two hours to Portland then four hours to Cleveland it's half one you'll miss the game ," klay says trying in vain to persuade me .

I throw my bag in the back seat getting in the front seat .
Before I close the door I reply plainly .
"I rather miss a stupid game than lose the girl that has been there for me ,I take her for granted to much ," I slam the door shut starting the car .

The passenger door opens and klay gets in .
" knowing you fuck things up by letting your mouth run with no filter you'll need my help ,no offense"

I took all offense but I knew he was telling the truth , that's the same reason I'm in this situation ." Just pass by Gia's , I left my bag over there ,"
I smirk .
" don't even start ," he hissed knowing I'm about to tease him .

Gia is his so called 'Bestfriend ', if you have sex with a person and say I love you all the time is your 'best friend ' then yeah .... That's what they are.

I knew Gia from collage she went to Davidson's also and there was a party for the drafted back in 2011 and well they fell in love ( even though they deny that they aren't ).

I knew something was going on the day we all stayed over at my house, I woke and they won't in the room sleeping anymore ,that was in 2013 so..... I'm suprised they hide it from other people so well not even his family knows .

I hold my hands up in defense for a second before placing it back on the staring wheel ." Wasn't gonna say anything lover boy," I snicker but was shut up quickly with his remark,"says the guy who's willing to miss a finals game for his maid ,"

"can we rent a car p-"
The fat dark skinned lady runs her hand through her cheap extensions cutting me off.
"The only car available is the red ford, it's 40 and hour ,"she drags on sounding lifeless and bored.
"I'll take it ," I rush hoping she'll hurry and get the keys.
" if you damage th-"she starts again with her life draining voice.
" just give me the damn keys!"I raised my voice agitated.

She jumps watching klay and I like we were mad people .
She leans down slowly taking years digging in something that sounds like a empty draw with a single set of keys in it, I could hear the clanging as she try reaching for the keys which just made it move away from her and hit the side.
"Oh for fuck sakes!" I growl.
I lean in the booth ,my feet left the ground as I balanced myself on the table ,I dip my hand in the draw getting the keys myself .damn never realized how short I kinda was, well for a basket baller .

I jog to the car trying to ignore klays obnoxious laughing behind me. I got in moving the safety papers from on the dash board throwing them in the back along with my bag , klay got in and gagged.

" it smells like someone made a porno in here," he says throwing his bags on mines ."we should of just gotten a cab we might if been there already but noo Stephen wants to go flirt the zombie fat lady,"
"Oh would you shut up,"
I speed out the parking lot heading to the place I once visited hoping I'll remember where it is.

"Is this it ?" Klay ask getting out with me.
"You sure?" He asked looking around the ghetto-ish looking street .

"Well I hope.." I mumble walking to the front porch .
"I wouldn't believe u brought Riley a place like this ," he says looking at the men gambling next door .
"There really nice people klay doesn't matter the neighbor hood," I mutter to him knocking in the white wooden door.

I heard faint talking inside .
" I'll get it!" A elderly woman shouts through the house sounding demanding .
"No grandma, sit I'll get it," I couldn't make out the voice that said that but I hope it's Mya.
The door was pulled open to show a young woman but it wasn't my Mya .