Chapter 30: Papers

Thanks for all the happy birthdays , you made it better since it sucked .

Also I have to admit Orphanage is my favorite chapter so far ! What's yours ?
_______________________

Sunday is my day off.

I've never been more excited in my life, Today was the day I sign papers and also I'm planning on carrying Zac somewhere for his birthday today.

"So this process can take up to 12 months or less ,the adoption officers have to come to the house that you said you are going to buy , also a record of your bank statements or job statement and income." The lady that sat opposite me and beside Mrs. Mito states clearly.

I tried not to show my disappointment, it was difficult knowing I will most likely have to leave Asia without him . To buy a house and wait for them to come inspect the house which can take months , but once I get my soon to be 'son' I will be fine .

"Okay that's fine-," I lied with a believable smile."well in that case I will be leaving a week early to organize the house , I wanna get Zac home with me as soon as possible,"

The two women smile at me in approval , thank god they like me , I'd be devastated if they didn't like me which I thought they wouldn't because I'm black mixed.

Not saying their racist but that's the image Mito gave me.

"Of course Miss. Olavangé ,"
The lady opposite me stood and I followed her lead rising also.

She takes my hand in a gentle hand shake , she makes it to the door but stops abruptly turning back to me.
"Oh and-" she pulls two stabled papers from her file handing it to me. "This is official papers, so now Kazjac can actually have a proper name , when the adoption is confirmed you can send back in the papers to me,"

With those final word she left shutting the door behind her.
Quickly I fold the paper putting it in my  pocket .
I had the biggest grin on my face that I couldn't erase. Turning back to Mrs.Mito whom was smiling happily ,she stands coming around the table .

"Want to see Zac?, I'm not sure if he's awake, the official wake time is 9:00 am and its 8:43am ,"

They have an official wake up time for the kids?

Of course I want to see my future son! She exits and I followed close behind.

Now should be a good time to ask .
"Um, I was wondering if I can take Zac out for his birthday today ? I'll bring him right back after w-," she cuts me off waving her hands.
"Of course you can , but bed time is at 8pm. So make sure he's back by then."

She stops by the door for a spilt second as to inform me that this is his shared room, then she left to probably to check on the other kids.

Like I would forget his room.

I quietly open the door , incase any other children was still asleep in the room.

When I entered three of the eight double decker beds were occupied by sleeping kids.
There a brown haired girl close to the door on the right bottom bunk , she looked maybe a year older than Zac.

A boy on the top bunk on the left looked at least two years old.
Which to me seems dangerous but the bars were high enough to block him.

Then on the same bed was Zac's sleeping face. I smile quietly speed walking over, I climb up on of the ladder steps resting my head on the mattress close to his sleeping face.

This might seem creepy watching a child sleep but since I met this child I felt a connection, It was like love at first sight to me .

He was my escape from everything that , having Zac allows me to have a life and a family.
I needed this.

I'll have to get a house, I'll make sure to get one far away from Stephen, I don't trust his mind set, especially how he's so against me adopting him.

Zacs eyes slowly open , our eyes connects. His eyes were firstly dull but when it connected with mines it light up , the happiness also fell to his lips as he smiles.

"Good morning sleepy head, and a very happy birthday to you ," I ruffle hair .

He springs up to a sitting position.
I step off the ladder returning to the floor.
"Come on lazy , we have lots to do today,"

He climbs down the ladder going to a small trunk with his name on it.
He picks up a blue towel coming back over to my side, he looks up at me somehow speaking to me with his eyes.
"Okay, well I'll get you clothes,"

He just nods before running out the room.
I guess he knows how to bathe himself? Or there's someone who does?

I opening his trunk looking down at the small pile of close at the bottom of the already small trunk. I picked the best clothes that I found which was a shirt and blue jeans.

I sat on the empty bunk under his bed and wait a few minutes. Messages were coming in to my phone from Stephen none stop.

I didn't have to check to know he was looking for me, I decide to turn my phone off - one I'm off today , two he's not my father.

During the wait another woman I didn't know came in waking up the two other children. I check my the clock on the wall , it was 9 on the dot.

Guess they were serious about the wake up time.

After they exited , Zac entered wrapped in his towel .

I was about to ask him if he needs help dressing but I decided to watch him, I should learn more about him other than what the papers says.

When only the shirt was left he turned to me , I took that as a sign he needs help.

Kneeling to his height I help him into his shirt, while doing so he was combing his hands through his hair.

I smile at him moving back .

He gets his shoes on in seconds , I stand taking his hand .

We exit the orphanage with every child watching , kind of felt bad that most of them haven't ventured beyond the gates of this place.

Kind of made me want to carry all of them , but it's Zac's day . I'll tell Stephen next time he visit to take them out .

I rented a car that was pretty nice for today , I quickly buckled him in the back seat and then buckled myself in.

I didn't waste time driving away from the Orphanage , I wasn't sure if having a car seat for him essential for this outing but I wasn't sticking around to find out.

I glance back at him through the review mirror , he was comply turned leaning against the door, the seat belt over his ankles and across his back. He looked so amazed at everything , I didn't want to ruin his moment so I slowed to 70 just to be safe.

For a spilt second I thought about running with the child back to American .

I had to talk to myself to not do anything stupid and mess up my chances of having him forever , I can wait a couple months .

Mya you can and you will.