Chapter 32: Family

I rest the sleeping boy on the top bunk , I cover him up and step down the ladder.

I turn to the tired looking lady with an apologetic smile.
"I'm so sorry I brought him back so late , I just lost track of time," I apologize hoping she doesn't suspend our outings.

She waves her hands , she puts her hand on my back guiding me out the room, shutting the door quietly .
"Oh no need for apologizes , he's practically your son , now go to your hotel it's almost midnight,"

I was back at the hotel in five minutes , I was so tired I went straight to my room not caring that I looked like something out of the walking dead.

I flop down on the bed falling asleep instantly.

*two days later - Tuesday-*

"I'll excuse your absence on Sunday and not lower your payment - "
I cut him off quickly .
"Sorry to interrupt , mr . Curry but I'm off on Sunday's and Its my choice to work on that day or completely ignore you," I say the most professional way I could without cursing at him.

But I realize that talking to him like what he is to me my boss and only my boss it annoys him . "Also I'd like to inform you that I'll be leaving a week earlier , so I'll take half pay that will be fine ,"
Even though it was not fine.

His eyes narrow and he stands from the dinning room chair.
"Your really leaving , huh?"
Well duh, did he not read the contract?
"Yes and if you read the contract you'd know-"
"I did read it ,"
I roll my eyes looking any where but his  demanding eyes, it sickens me how he's trying so hard to look me in the eyes.

"Well instead of three weeks , I'm leaving next week, I have to go house hunting for my son,"

He steps around the table coming closer to me , I step back finding him to close.
"The contracts states I pay you 20 , either way you'll get it,"
I nod shocked that he even agreed to pay me in full, but I have a feeling this 'meeting' is going to take a turn for the worst.

"You're really leaving Riley . Me?" He was coming closer and I was backing away faster.

Of course like every stupid movie, my back hits a wall and he's standing way to close to me. His hands move to my hair moving it behind my ears , I stupidly felt weak.

As much as I hide the feelings I have for him , it was still there and I was stupidly in love with him.
"Stephen please don't do this to me," I mutter staring into his beautiful eyes.

I wanted to kiss him so bad!
Mya stay strong girl, please.

"You going to adopt that kid just to get away from me -" he pulled my hips to his roughly."I know you want me- you don't need that kid,"

That brought me back to planet earth, I used all my strength and push him back . He stumbles back against the chair , shocked that I did that.

"You know what Wardell, fuck you !, I don't need you in my life and that kid is going to be my son!, I'm happy to get away from you ," I pick up my hand bag from the table quickly.

"Enjoy your date with Ayesha,"
Yes. Part of the reason he brought me here is to tell me today and tomorrow he'll be on a date with Ayesha, so I'll have Riley over night .
Which gives me the perfect opportunity to tell Riley about me leaving and Zac.