Chapter 28: Asia

My eyes were watching outside the limousine at every building and signs that passed me.
Asia was so beautiful! Who knew?

I could hear Ayesha planning out the entire trip which annoyed me greatly.

Stephen reminds her numerous times about the charity work he came here to do .
"Yeah,yeah, I know but the Orphanage isn't today !" She says planing to empty out Stephen's bank account.
We arrived at the hotel we were staying at getting our stuff out the car with the help of the driver.

Ayesha shooed me off to get the hotel room keys. I roll my eyes grabbing my duffle bag and walk in the hotel with Riley close behind.

She has been really quiet lately , it's not like her,
"you okay Riley?"I look down at her and she just nods.

The lady at the front desk smiles at us and down at Riley.
"Hi, how I help you?," She offers in poor English with a kind smile which was rare for hotel desk woman that I have meet.
"Hi,  Wardell Curry,"

I watch her punch in some words in her computer, before looking up handing two key cards. "enjoy your stay," she says waving Riley who smiles in return .

Ayesha and Stephen were waiting at the elevator , Ayesha tapping her foot impatiently.
"Finally!," she grunts slamming her hand on our floor button.
I guess they've been here before?

"Ayesha-,"Stephen starts but was cut off by the doors opening on our floor.
She snatch the room key out my hands and stomps out angrily before everyone heading to the hotel room .

"I'm sorry Mya, it's probably the hormones ," Stephen apologizes.

Hormones? Oh please she's a Bitch even when she wasn't pregnant.

He picks up Riley and exits the elevator, following Ayesha out . I roll my eyes stepping out .

I check my key card for the room number , '280' which was down the hall , opposite direction my 'employers ' went .

Thank god.

I arrived at my room in seconds and the man that carries the luggage to the room exits , just as I'm about to open then door.
"thank you ," I mumble .

He nods leaving .

Guess he doesn't speak English ?

I go in shutting the door behind me.

The room was small but good enough for me .

I made sure to be a good distance away from Stephen and Ayesha , to avoid any unnecessary contact only if I'm working .

I took an hour unpacking , right as I was about to take a nap there was a knock on the door .

I guess work officially starts now.

I slip on my flats while progressing to the door, I pull opening the door. Not surprised to see Stephen there , my lips pressed in a tin line as I tried to move past him.

"Um- no , Ayesha, Riley and I are going out-you can take time off do something at the hotel ," He says with an awkward smile .

He places an hand on my shoulder , as in an attempt to soothe me or something ? It took all my will power to to slap it away .
For whatever reason I was extremely pissed off , overly angry.

I moved aside so his hand would fall from my shoulder.

"But before that can you call the Orphanage and confirm a date and hour , message me after thanks," And with that he left.

I officially feel like I'm back to square 1, just like the maid , the maid and just the maid.

I slam the door , a chain of curse words was mumbled out as I stomped over to where I left my phone.

Remembering the Orphanage number that called a few weeks ago , I dialed listening to it ring.

"Hello, this is t-,"
"Yes hi, I'm calling to confirm a time for Stephen Curry's appearance," I cut the friendly sounding receptionist off clearly still pissed.

It's odd how the lady sounds American and speaks English , when we are in Asia.

Or maybe they see an American number and put an English speaking person on the line .

"Oh, yes of course," She squeaks excited. "Tomorrow at 10? That's when the children will me most ready ,"

"Okay thank you , see you tomorrow,"
I end the call throwing my phone to the side .

Didn't feel like messaging Stephen at the moment or any time soon.

*

The rest of that day was me sleeping off the jet lag. Riley came over on her own , we did nothing but watched Disney movies , Avengers and Harry Potter.

And might I add , I love Draco and Loki.

The day was very boring and ended with Riley and I falling asleep on my bed .

At four in the morning I was vomiting up everything I ate that day , all the popcorn ,chocolate and soda.

I was gradually getting more sick by the day but I pledge to myself that I'll make it through the trip so I can have enough money for myself for months before I have to get a job . University was getting closer and I could feel it.

I made it back to bed 20 minutes later , thankfully not waking up the sound asleep Riley .

Today was dull , very, but for some gut reason I knew tomorrow or should I say today would be different. It would be life changing even.