Chapter 23: screw men

"Babe can you get Riley's dress on we're late ,"Stephen calls from the bedroom

"Babe can you get Riley's dress on we're late ,"Stephen calls from the bedroom .
I sign carrying Riley to her bedroom.
"Why is your daddy so rushy ?," I grumble to Riley getting her dress out.
"Maybe because mummy coming and he doesn't want her argue with him ," she says playing with her doll.

I stop for a second turning to her.
"Wait Ayesha is coming ?"
She nods not looking up at me.
"Yup she has to ride in the car with us,"

I walk over to her putting on the dress while in deep thought.
So of Ayesha is gonna be in the parade in the car with Stephen where wil I be?

Why the heck does she have to be there anyway they aren't together anymore! What the fuck do I look like ?! A side thing , he kissed me on national TV everyone knows !

I take Riley off the bed .
"Go wait in the TV room I'm gonna talk to your father ,"
She skips out singing ." Ooo daddy in trouble ,"
I was to pissed to laugh at how adorable she is.

Stomping into the closet where Stephen was standing in front the mirror trying to decide which shades.
"Why didn't you tell me Ayesha was gonna be in the parade ," I say calmly.

His loud sign made my eye twitch like I was wrong for being mad.
He better chill , my mad ass bitch side bouta shine bright like a diamond.

"Look Mya it's not like I want her to be there," he turns to me putting down the shades ." She has to come she's been around a lot with the Warriors and she's Riley mom ,"

"So what I mean nothing then ?" I say folding my arms .
"No that's not what I mean-" he tried taking my hand and I pull it away turning around exiting the closet .
"I'll stay the fuck home ," I say before leaving the room.

I grab Riley sandals and carry it for her to put on since she doesn't like people putting on her shoes anymore.

"Wait for daddy to come okay baby?," I give her a kiss on her forehead.
I hear Stephen footsteps coming to the living room giving me the signal I need to make an exit now.
"You not coming mama,"
She didn't get and answer because I was already out the door .

I speed walk to the guest house . I close the door locking it behind me so Stephen can't get it , hopefully he doesn't go for the spare key.
I plump down on the sofa staring at the blank tv screen .

A few minutes after I hear the car start and drive out the drive way.

Guess I'll be watching on TV then .

*

I stare at the TV as Stephen was giving his speech with Riley sitting on the podium.
Midway of his speech Riley surprises everyone , even make my delicious green apple fall out my mouth.

"Daddy I want mama," she try's whispering .
Stephen glance back at Ayesha whom was standing up to come over and take her.
"No not her , Mya my real mommy,"

Ayesha , Stephen ,everybody who was in cameras view looked shocked.
I shut off the TV so quickly , I don't know why just couldn't continue watching .

My phone started ringing , hotline bling.
Me: hello ?
Veronica: it's V, Oh my gosh are you watching ?!
Me: yup i saw
Veronica: Ayesha was so pissed she walked off stage!

She screams finding this hilarious.
I know this woman a day , and I love her already .

Me: how you know I'm not there?
Veronica: Well I saw Ayesha driving in the car with them and didn't see you . I stayed home too with Sam.
Me: oh, yeah I didn't wanna go there and look like ...like-
Veronica : a side thing , yeah I feel ya.

I hear rustling on the other line and something like a bottle shaking like she's making tea .

Veronica: I have nothing to do today or tomorrow, wanna come over?
Have a sleepover ?!

I don't answer right away making her continue .

Veronica: I know I'm 21 and all but I miss the childish things I use to do as a teen, And your my only American friend.

American friend ? What does that mean ? She isn't from here? Hmm. Explains the accent.

Veronica: unless you have to work I-
Me: no , no , I'll come .
Veronica : alright see you , I'll text you my address.
Me: okay , bye

The line went dead and I got up and started packing up my over night clothes.
Half an hour later I was in a cab heading by Veronica .

The house looked homie , really quiet for a kid to be living in it

The house looked homie , really quiet for a kid to be living in it . But it doesn't look like a house Veronica would be living in.
I climb the stairs to get to the door, before I could knock the door was flung open and I was engulfed in a hug .
"Eep yay your here !"

She drags me inside letting go of my arm as we reach the living room / dining / kitchen .
It's a really open home , I love it .
I sit by the bar counter which separates the kitchen from the living room and dine.

"Okay so Sam is asleep watcha wanna do ?!" She says over excitedly .

My phone starts ringing and I see its Steph.
"You gonna answer?" Veronica asks?
"Nope," I say turning off my phone putting it on the counter .

She grins at me and hops on the stool next to me .
"Fuck men , let's go to the beach !"
___________________________

Sorry it's short but I needed to update ! I have so much planned for later down in the story .