Prologue

* * * * *

-(Omega)-

"I'm tired of this!" my brother screamed as I chased after him through the darkness of Forever Fall.

"I'm tired of everyone! Always treating us like this!"

He stopped.

"Where are you going?!" I said as I finally caught up to him.

He looked me in the eye and said, "Omega, there is a better life, a better future for us. I just have to look hard enough and find the right people."

My eyes began to tear up.

"You're leaving?"

"Just trust me. I'll be back. Hurry back home! It's getting darker, I'll be fine. Trust me. If people ask, tell them I left something behind and went to look."

I couldn't make sense of anything he was saying through my cries. I just kept nodding my head at everything he said.

"Okay, I gotta get to Vale before the sun sets."

I held onto his shirt, but he pushed me away.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

* * * * *

That was the my last memory of Alpha. I was only five years old then. He was twelve.

I'm seventeen now. There has been no trace of him for the last 12 years. I left him in the past, but I still keep a sharp lookout.

Things for us were pretty rough then, having more Faunas' traits than most others. It was tough. And I think he cracked under that pressure.

But that was then. Now, I look forward to a new future. Here, at Beacon Academy. The prestigious school for those who want to become Huntsmen and Huntresses like me and my old friend Gabriel.

My brother and several others who were enrolled at Signal Academy, a sort of, elementary school for Huntsmen and Huntresses, also served as our villages' defense against Grimm and the White Fang.

Alpha was the most prominent of the group, and with him gone, there was nobody to replace his role as a leader and the group was no longer efficient enough to continue their tasks.

The Grimm came, followed soon after by the White Fang, who were seeking to recruit more members and tools for their ever-growing 'revolution'.

I happened to be one of those. They wanted me for my semblance, absorption, transformation and manipulation of energy. They could use my power to draw energy from anywhere and power their machines and facilities.

When I decided that I didn't want to live my life as a mere tool, I ran from the village one night. They followed. However, I lost them within the streets of Vale, where I eventually ended up in Gabes' apartment building, where I have stayed since.

We have decided that our stay at the Academy would be safe for us, but we were worried about other students if we are to be found there.

Hopefully though, that doesn't happen and our time at Beacon will not be filled with worry and peril.

But what about Alpha? I continue my search for my brother. I wonder whether or not he is still alive. But the growing presence of the White Fang and the creatures of Grimm make it nearly impossible for him to have even survived that first night.

I don't know whether or not he made it. No trace of him was ever found. No body, no cloth, no blood, no anything. Then again, he could have just as easily been dragged away by a couple of Beowolves.

Maybe I will find him, maybe I won't. Having been on the run for much of my life, I, along with Gabe, have made a decision to attend one of the Academies. A place where warriors are trained to fight the creatures of Grimm and every threat to humanity.

Gabe is coming with me to ensure my security, but he is also very skilled and has worked his whole life to be able to attend an Academy, such as Beacon.

However, my reasons are far different.

I come for a different reason, to run from my problems and past. To start anew.

And soon, the White Fang and Alpha will become some distant memory...