Regroup and Reconnect

Here we go, a new chapter fresh off the page. After some consideration, I'm going to lower the rating of this story down to T. I don't think I was overly descriptive in the first chapter and that was the whole reason for the M rating. If no one objects, that's where it'll stay. Now onto the story. Note: edited 3/15/22

Once Ultra Magnus had steered his ship into the lower atmosphere, he turned his chair around to face the collective Autobots. "Alright," He began. "Would someone care to explain what has happened that lead to what I understand to be three juvenile natives to this world being close enough to the team that the Decepticons would capture and experiment on them?"

He looked at the three pseudo Cybertronians, while he was impressed with how the femme had apparently handled a Vehicon squadron on her own he was reserving judgement on their value to the Autobot cause.

Between Arcee and Bulkhead he was given an abbreviated version of how the three humans became 'unofficial' members of team prime and some of their accomplishments. Again, while he was impressed, it was a protocol nightmare. When it came to the battle for the Omega lock, he'd began to get a slightly bigger picture as to what happened. Count on Megatron to resort to using hostages when he was on the verge of defeat. When he heard that the humans' containers had been lost during the fight the femme, Miko he'd learned, Spoke up.

"When we woke up, we were naked in Knockouts' lab." She cut in angrily, she was still a bit angry at how they ended up in that situation. If the bots had just told them even a little of what was going on they might have been more on guard.

Raf picked up from there. "Knockout and Megatron taunted us a bit before submerging us in raw cyber matter from the Omega lock." He shuddered trying to repress the memory of drowning in that cold burn. "They also used something called the Enigma of Combination to fuse it with us. Th-They said something about seeing if they could use humans to replenish their soldiers."

Ultra Magnus narrowed his brow. "The Enigma of Combination?" He knew that the Cons had it, after the debacle with Bruticus Maximus, they'd found it and used it to create the more manageable combiner Devastator. He never knew it could be employed in this manner.

They were all in for one more big shock though as Jack nodded and spoke up. "During the experiment we were somehow contacted by Vector Sigma." All four bots' optics widened at the mention of the ancient supercomputer. "It somehow used the cyber matter to transform us into these bodies and overload the system, allowing us to escape." He didn't feel like mentioning their combined form just yet. A sentiment the other two felt as well. "It also said that we were supposed to assist the Autobots in their coming battles."

This caused a major upset amongst the ships' Autobot occupants. "Hold up." Arcee called. "We're supposed to be the ones that keep you safe, you're not joining us on missions. I promised your mother I'd keep you safe Jack."

Miko sprung up from her seat on the floor. "Yeah, cause you've done such a spectacular job of it recently. You all shut us out, and we ended up kidnaped, held for ransom, tossed around in glass cages, and used as lab rats in a mad scientists' experiment as a result."

The kids' guardians winced and exchanged somewhat guilty looks. While none of that had been intentional, it is what had happened. Jack got up and put his hand on Mikos' shoulder. As upset as they were, he knew not all of it was their fault.

Wheeljack spoke up. "I ran into them as we were making our mutual escapes. Gotta hand it to them though, they know how to hold their own in those bodies." He knew they were leaving out their combiner mode and he understood. Sometimes it was best to have a trump card.