Past and Future

Hello everyone and welcome back. As I said in my Authors' note in the last chapter, I was taking a six-month break to deal with family and personal matters. That has not changed. However, there have been some questions as to whether I'm still active. Let me say this, I have not been entirely idle and even now am working on the next arc of this story. As proof, here is a taste of what's to come.

Originally, I planned to write snippets of what's to come as a teaser chapter to be replaced later. However, I figured, why not make it part of the story? So here it is. The beginning of the end.

Vector Prime gave a sigh as he turned away from the spot Optimus had just vanished. He'd meant what he said about not getting involved in the Autobot and Decepticon conflict. However, he knew that his time in his short self-imposed exile was about to end. The one thing that would draw him back out of his pocket dimension was the same thing that necessitated his and his sibling's creation. Unicron.

Being the keeper of time meant that Vetor Prime didn't quite experience it the same as most sentient beings. To him, he had only entered his dimension a scant few days ago, after the arrival of the Quintessons even though eons had passed. Optimus left seconds ago from his perception; however, he knew it had been millennia ago.

Striding down the section of his dimension he'd dubbed the Time Corridor, Vector looked at various events as they were happening. Perhaps it was Optimus' recent visit that led him to the time windows about him. In one window he observed him as Orion Pax accepting the title of Prime.

"The Matrix of Leadership is yours to seek, because from this moment forward, you are Optimus Prime."

Vector snorted, as if he needed their blessing. Then again, Optimus wouldn't be Optimus if he took the title by force.

Turning to another window, Vector saw Optimus shoving Magnaboss away from a full powered blast from the Nemesis, the blast driving him into the ground with the resulting explosion and cave in collapsing the entirety of the Unit-E base and the Lost Light. Galvatrons' voice ringing out.

"And thus ends the tragedy, of Optimus Prime."

Glancing at another window, Vector saw Optimus soaring across the sky in another new body. How many has he gone through now?

"I will be there in moments. Hopefully I can prevent Leobolt from doing anything he will later regret."

Looking away from the images, Vector thought of the other mech that had stood by Optimus until he was denied the title of Prime. Glancing at another set of windows, he saw the argument between Megatron and Optimus that led to them parting ways.

"You see 'brother'? They do not want your control. They want to be free."

Next to it was the image of Megatron being vivisected by Tarantulas.

"If you think this hurts, wait until we test my spark mitosis experiments."

He couldn't help shaking his head at the wasted potential, but then again. He turned and saw a different Megatron seemingly splitting into a trio of beasts to aid a group of fighters led by Optimus against Galvatron. Primus was seldom wasteful.

"I believe Galvatron, that the time has come, to unleash the Beast Wars upon you."

Walking a little further down the corridor, he thought of others that would be essential to the coming conflict. Vector saw Galavatron tormenting the young scout Bumblebee, slashing his chest and face with his claws.

"Whereas Megatron would've taken your voice once again. I prefer to visibly mark those who defy me."

Next to that was an image of the soon to be warrior with a new appearance and name preparing to face off against an Insecticon for supremacy of the Scorponok hive. His new Insecticon mentor guiding him.