The Omega Lock, Some Assembly Required

Welcome back everyone and sorry for the delay. I wanted to get this finished sooner but the Thanksgiving rush hit me like a shot hitting Waspinator. However I did finally learn how to use the horizontal line scene breaks and will be editing the previous chapters later to include them. That said a lot happens in this chapter to move this story along. Please enjoy as I hope I put a little something in for everyone.

Megatron walked into the Nemesis' science labs with Starscream in tow. "Shockwave." He began. "How goes the restoration of the Omega Lock?"

Shockwave turned to Megatron. "We salvaged much of the wreckage of the Omega Lock, but the damage was quite extensive." He began. "At present it could take centuries to fabricate the necessary components to restore it. Therefore, I propose the selective use of human technology to facilitate the procedure. Retrofitting its' operating systems would cut the work down to a matter of cycles."

"Very well." Megatron replied. "Turn your 'wish list' over to Starscream." He said, turning to the bot in question, startling him. "You shall oversee the acquisitions. Use any and all bots you require to retrieve the necessary components."

"But master." Starscream stammered. "Wouldn't it be easier for Shockwave to retrieve the necessary."

Megatron cut him off. "While we await the components, Shockwave shall turn his attention to the stabilization of the cyber matter with the aid of Oil Slick and Tarantulas. You have your orders."

"Yes master." Starscream bowed before heading out of the lab. He began grumbling to himself as he stepped up to a communications console. "Reduced to a lowly courier. All available Decepticons report to the Space Bridge staging area." Shutting down the console he looked Shockwaves' list over as he made his way to his destination.

Arriving at the staging area he saw that in addition to several Vehicons, most every Decepticon had arrived. "Time is of the essence." He began looking over the crowd. "Lord Megatron, with some assistance from Shockwave has found a way to restore the Omega Lock and by extension, Cybertron." He waited a moment as the collective bots cheered.

"However, we require parts and equipment to restore it. I am now asking for volunteers to assist me in retrieving them." He continued, smirking a little as most every single con took a step forward.

"Very well." Starscream began, consulting the list Shockwave had given him as well as the bots before him. "Galavar, Lugnut, take the Mayhem Attack Squadron and head to the coordinates given, we require nuclear control rods."

Galavar scoffed. "Why must we dirty our hands for such a-." He was cut off as Lugnut hoisted him into the air by his neck.

"If Lord Megatron requires something, we shall retrieve it, whelp." Lugnut growled. With that he dropped the gasping Decepticon on his aft.

Starscream snorted in mirth at the upstarts' predicament. "Punch, Blitzwing, take the Predacons with you and retrieve a human quantum computer. It's horrendously slow by our standards but the hardware should suffice. Punch, you may use the Apex Armour after Tarantulas gives you control of the Predacons." He only advised the armors' use to put Punch on par with Blitzwing.

As Punch nodded, Blitzwings' face changed to the blue one. "Ve are going to human school? Vat ze know of ze universe could fit in mien servo." He switched to his red face. "Either vay, ve shall conquer zis institute and capture ze equipment!" The black face came up. "And zen ve can play a game of Hackey Sack."

Rolling his optics, Starscream turned to Oil slick and Tarantulas. "After Tarantulas gives Punch control of the Predacons, report to Shockwaves' lab." Turning to the remaining bots. "Runamuck, Runabout, you shall join me and the Constructicons in retrieving a particle collider, Astrotrain shall be coming along as transport." As the most sensitive piece of equipment, he would oversee its' recovery personally.