Specters of the Past Pt.1

Hello everyone. I hope everyone who celebrates it had a Happy Thanksgiving. First off, some shoutouts to wertzm928 on as well as TimeLordPrime and saurotitan on AO3 for figuring out my version of Lockdown was based on the UK Marvel character Deaths' Head who first appeared in Transformers UK, met up with The Doctor (Who?) and ended up in the Marvel universe.

Two more shoutouts. First a thank you to denisegalante1009 on for giving me the idea on a character making her debut in this chapter. And finally, a shoutout to whoever created a TVTropes page for this story. That was a pleasant surprise to stumble upon. Also, I've started posting this story on Wattpad.

Warning: This chapter and the next contain sensitive subject material. Discretion is advised.

Groaning in discomfort, Arcee slowly felt herself regain consciousness. As her optics reactivated, she realized that she was strapped down to a medical table in a lab. However, her immediate attention was drawn to a familiar white and yellow mech.

"YOU!" Arcee exclaimed.

"Ah, awake already." Jhiaxus replied calmly, turning to face his former patient. "I'm happy you recognized me."

"Had to forget the mech who operated on me without anesthesia." Arcee growled. "Where are Jack June and Miko?" Jhiaxus looked at her confused before stepping closer to her. Upon closer inspection, she noticed a red helmet and several holes in his body that he didn't have all those years ago.

"I only collected three of you from Lockdown Arcee." Jhiaxus replied. "I have no idea what happened to the fourth one you claim is missing. The other two I acquired however, are unharmed." Mulling this over, Arcee decided to figure out what was going on.

"Then why did you have us kidnapped?" She asked. "And what's with all the holes?"

"Ah, so glad you asked child." Jhiaxus answered. Holding up his left pointer finger, she watched as a small drill emerged from his fingertip.

"You see." He began as the drill began to spin. "For some time now I've taken to this as a way to relieve the frustration and guilt from everything I've done over the years." He continued as he drilled into the armor and mesh of his right forearm.

"That." Arcee interrupted. "Is sick."

"I quite agree." Jhiaxus nodded, retracting his drill. "I didn't realize how sick I was until one day I was working on an experiment and forgot my drill was on. I went to rub my forehead and." He paused for dramatic effect before pulling up on his helmet to show a hole drilled right into his forehead. Arcees' optics widened in shock. Jhiaxus had lobotomized himself.

"And in that moment." Jhiaxus continued, ignoring Arcees expression. "Light poured into my mind for the very first time." He smiled. "And it helped me to see that my work in pushing the boundaries of transformation were all for not."

"Excuse me?" Arcee asked.

"Don't you see Arcee?" Jhiaxus continued. "There was no need to play God. Primus knew what he was doing with his children and that we weren't ready for the next step in our evolution."

Arcee was in shock. The Jhiaxus she knew was a devout Atheist. To hear him claim his work was against Primus' will was something else.

"So, what? You're here to undo what you did to Monstructor?" She asked.

"Oh?" Jhiaxus exclaimed happily. "They're here too? Excellent! All the remaining victims of my sins are in one place. Once I've helped you all and restored Shockwave, I will have truly repented, and I shall be forgiven."

"Helped us?" Arcee asked. "What do you?" A cold feeling ran through her spark as she realized just what he had in mind. More specifically, what he had in mind for her.