Mayhem and The Wreckers

Holy crow. Has it really been almost a year since I started writing this story? Anyway, welcome to another riveting chapter. First off, congrats to Chronolocked and our guest reviewer who figured out who the spy is. Originally, I didn't PLAN to use all of the Maximals and Predacons in this chapter, but as I wrote it, it sort of snowballed. Hopefully I managed to keep the fights roughly balanced and interesting. Having said that, I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

"Alright." Ratchet said as he stood before the assembled Wreckers and Maximals. "Now remember, the purpose of this mission is to test out the new Alchemic converters I've installed." He explained. Between himself, Brainstorm, Perceptor, and Jetfire they'd been able to replicate the process the Maximals used to convert food into energon and then downscaled it into something that could be installed between a bots' fuel port or mouth and energon reservoir.

With it, the Autobots could simply fuel up in vehicle mode or drink some other form of complex liquid and turn it into useable fuel. Or at least it had worked in testing with gasoline and Gatorade. Today would be the first field test and the Wreckers had been the first to volunteer. Bulkhead, Drift, and Wheeljack had the new converters installed. Perceptor would be going along in case of technical difficulties and the Maximals would be going along as backup, and as an excuse to get off the base for a little while.

"I still say I should be going with ya mates." Jetfire said. His Australian accent had surprised the Maximals when they met him. According to him he picked it up during his time in Polyhex.

"And I told you." Fowler replied. "You aren't going out with that vehicle mode until we have a cover story. I told you that the last Skystrikers were decommissioned years ago and are too recognizable to be mistaken for anything else." He was still fuming that the bots had hacked the old G.I. Joe database. Let alone that two of the bots now had vehicle modes from it.

Jetfire crossed his arms and huffed. "Well excuse me for wanting something a bit more advanced." Despite a couple dozen years since it was first made the Skystriker was still highly advanced for humans. Hound didn't get nearly as much flak as he did for his alternate mode. Then again, according to Fowler there were still at least a few dozen V.A.M.P.s in circulation so his alternate mode was a little more believable.

"Anyway." Ratchet continued. "Once you're through the space bridge the lot of you are heading to a gas station that, for the moment is closed for 'pest control'. There the Maximals will help you three fill up in your vehicle modes. Afterwards you will perform some combat exercises to determine whether the quality of converted energon is significantly different from natural energon."

Optimus spoke next. "The success of this test could free us from our total reliance on scavenging energon and by extension, finally put us on equal footing with the Decepticons." He turned as the ground bridge flared to life. "Transform, and roll out."

With that the seven Maximals and four wreckers transformed and charged through the portal. Optimus' attention was next drawn to their newest human ally.

"Speaking of experiments." G.B. Blackrock said looking at Optimus. "Have you given any more thought to my proposal for the recovered Vehicon bodies?" He asked. Among the recovered wreckage from Darkmount were several Vehicon bodies in various states of disrepair. He took a good look at them and an idea began to form in his mind. The culmination of which he suggested to Optimus last week.

Optimus sighed. "I have Mr. Blackrock. While our troops have indeed been replenished with the arrival of the lost light, I will not discourage the humans on finding ways to defend themselves from the Decpticons. However, I will only allow the modification of one Vehicon cadaver with your Transtector technology."