Dealing and Doubledealing

Hello all and welcome back to Beast Wars Prime. Bit of a filler chapter this time, but the idea had been in the back of my head for a while. So, hope you enjoy it. Quick note: The picture of Raf that's mentioned in this chapter is real and was drawn by Ardent Aspen on DeviantArt. It's called Raf's Desktop, November 2021. It's the second one.

"And this is from Jacks' first-time trick or treating." June said, pointing to the picture of a five-year-old Jack in a lion costume with a pillowcase in his fist. Having sorted through the boxes from her house June had finally found the photo albums she promised she'd show Miko.

Said femme was laughing. "Aww, he looks so cute." Miko laughed. Figures Jacks' first costume would be a lion. Now he had a permanent lion costume handy.

Jack, in beast mode buried his face in his paws. "Yeah yeah pretty bird, laugh it up." He grumbled. He'd honestly forgotten about his mom showing Miko his embarrassing pictures. Hopefully she hadn't found the actual baby pictures yet.

His mortification was only made worse by the fact that Raf and Sierra had decided to partake too. Vince however, had finally gotten his things, including his car back from Fowler and was now working on it in the hangar next door. Apparently, his beast mode was small enough to work on and ride in it.

Allison however was currently in her first session with Rung who'd set up his temporary office a couple hangars over.

"Oh, come on Jack." Raf snickered. "It's a rite of passage to have your baby pictures laughed at."

June looked up with a smirk on her face. "I'm glad to hear you say that, Rafael." She said pulling out another album that Jack didn't recognize. "Because I found this in the boxes Bill brought over last week." She said, referring to the one with Rafs' personal possessions from before their transformation. When she saw it, she made sure to save it, despite the hurt of his family abandoning him, they were still pictures of him. Somehow, June felt it was an attempt to apologize for what they'd been forced to do.

Rafs' eyes widened. "Those're my." He sputtered.

June flipped open to a random page and giggled. "I think this Christmas picture of you in the bear jammies is adorable." She said pointing to said picture of a six-year-old Raf. At Rafs' shocked expression, she smirked. "A mother always has some embarrassing pictures of her kids."

Miko snorted and asked. "Is that a giant bee plushie you're holding?" As Raf tried his best to look small, Miko gave the boys a smirk. "At least I don't have to worry about baby pictures." This was true, her parents had handed her off to a nanny almost the minute they got home from the hospital. There was not a single picture of her until she was old enough to go to her parents' social gatherings. And even then, it was just the three of them pretending to be a 'happy family'.

June cocked an eyebrow. "Maybe." She conceded. "However, I am a little curious about the lingerie in your box that you tried to keep me from noticing. Hoping to surprise someone?" She asked with a knowing look at a now red faced Miko, who was now trying to look anywhere but her equally embarrassed boyfriend. It was a moot point now anyway since she was no longer human sized.

Sierra giggled a little. "I'm staying out of this little debate, but." She looked over at Miko. "You go girl." Causing said girl to groan and bury her face in her hands at her own mortification.

Any further embarrassment was halted when the dens' hangar doors opened to admit Optimus, Depthcharge and Fowler. "Show and tell is over people. We have a situation."

Five minutes later the collective Autobots and Maximals were gathered in the briefing area of the bots' main hangar. Fowler was pointing to a picture of a green missel carrier complete with a large missel. "What you are looking at here is the Jericho missel. This is an experimental intercontinental missel that is capable of turning a city the size of L.A. into a giant crater, and last night it was stolen."