A Call for Reinforcements

This is it, the end of the beginning. Here is the end of arc one of Beast Wars Prime. This is also where the IDW elements start to make themselves known. That said, let the games begin. Note: edited 3/15/22

Agent Fowler followed Ultra Magnus, Arcee, and Optimus Prime. They'd made it into the ship before he finally addressed the trio. "Alright Prime, what's going to on." Fowler asked, not wanting to beat around the bush. With everything that had happened, he didn't want any more surprises.

Optimus sighed. "Despite reports that the Decepticons' troops are diminished, I am calling for additional reinforcements. In addition, there is a psychologist amongst the Autobots whom Arcee believes may be of great help to the children." He looked at her. "Go ahead Arcee." Walking up to the communications console and put in the frequency number. Waiting, she prepared herself.

A few seconds later the connection was made. "Hello, who is this?" Came a voice with what sounded like a light British accent. Fowler raised an eyebrow at the screen and looked at Prime. He looked down at him and whispered "Translator". He nodded and turned back to the screen.

"Rung, this is Arcee." She said smiling at the familiar voice. She hoped with all her spark that she'd be able to help Jack and the others. After he'd helped her, he was the only bot she would trust with them.

"Arcee? I'll be, I'm happy to hear from you, how is everything going?" He asked in a jovial voice.

"I'm alright Rung, but we have a situation that could use your unique skill set. We have three natives of this planet who've been somehow transmuted into techno organic Cybertronians. Considering your expertise in post body modification therapy I thought you'd be able to help them."

There was a silence that lasted for several seconds. "Very well Arcee. I'll have to talk to the ships' captain, but I think I'll be able to come help."

Optimus and Magnus came up to the console. "Rung, this is Optimus Prime. I am issuing a call for reinforcements to all Autobots. With me is Ultra Magnus, my second in command. Please connect me to your ships' captain so I can transmit our coordinates."

There was a stunned silence on Rungs' end. "Coming right up sirs." There was a typing sound followed by a connecting click. "Hello? Who is this?" Came a gruff voice with what sounded like a very light French accent. Ultra Magnus' left optic twitched slightly; he knew that voice.

Optimus sighed, he too recognized that voice. "This is Optimus Prime, Hot Rod. Overlooking the question of how you became captain of the Lost Light, I am calling in your ship for reinforcements and will need your ships' crew manifest."

Another silence. "I took over the captainship in an election when Countdown died of spark failure. Sending crew manifest now sir, awaiting coordinates." He replied in a slightly clipped voice. "And I go by Rodimus now." He muttered, causing Optimus to quirk a brow. Fowler and Arcee had to fight back laughter.

Looking over the manifest of a little over two dozen bots, Magnus nodded. He knew several of these bots and they'd all be a credit to their current mission. Then, he got a bit further down the list. "Are you kidding me?" He growled in an uncharacteristic fit of emotion. "Whirl is on the Lost light?" Just the thought of that nutcase could give him a conniption.

"Beggers can't be choosers Magnus." Optimus whispered. He'd already scanned the list and saw several unfamiliar names. "Rodimus?" Optimus asked, trying not to wince at the parody of his own name. "There are a few bots' names on this manifest I'm unfamiliar with, where'd they come from?"

Rodimus replied quickly. "During our travels we've picked up a few bots hailing from various ships cruising the galaxy. I assure you I can vouch for their abilities." Optimus looked at Magnus who nodded. "Very well Rodimus. I'm sending the coordinates now."