Light Dares, Heavy Truths

Welcome back everyone. Hope you enjoyed the holidays. Okay, full disclosure, I have never played truth or dare in my life. That said, if this came out a little off, I apologize. Please enjoy. Note: edited 3/15/22

"Miko, I WILL get you back for this." Jack called down from Bulkheads' raised arms as the bots laughed and the other Maximals struggled not to. His words however, had little effect on his girlfriend as she was doubled over laughing at their dare inspired recreation of the Circle of Life from The Lion King. As the other Maximals bowed down in beast mode, Miko provided the soundtrack via a customized, or 'Maximized' as Miko put it, music player. Jack and Bulkhead ended up playing the roles of Simba and Rafiki respectively, or more accurately Miko dared Jack to do it and roped Bulkhead into his role.

Jack grimaced, he knew playing truth or dare would be a mistake. But after the mortification of physicals with Ratchet and him mom, he was more than agreeable to a sleepover style welcome party for the newer members of the Maximals to break the tension brought on by their collective embarrassment. After retrieving Maximal portioned snacks, they gathered in the den accompanied by Arcee, Bumblebee, Smokescreen, and Bulkhead. After explaining what they were doing and Miko explained the rules of the game they began. His mother would be unable to join them as she was now sorting the boxes of things from their house that had arrived while the exams were taking place.

It started simply enough. Miko first dared Raf to take a hit of hot sauce and wait five minutes before eating or drinking.

After he put his mouth out, Raf asked Allison what the biggest thing she got in trouble for in school was. Everyone broke out laughing when she admitted to putting super glue on the toilet seat in the teachers' lounge bathroom. She ended up with two weeks of detention because the principal had been the one to fall victim to it. Miko, Vince, and Sierra gave her a standing ovation for that.

From there they got the bots involved in the game. Allison had asked Arcee if she had any current crushes. She shook her head and replied that she was putting relationships of any kind on hold until she'd avenged Cliffjumper and Tailgate. This led to a brief explanation of Arcees' history with partners which created an uneasy silence among the group.

Arcee broke that by daring Vince to try and hang upside down like a real bat. This was only successful for about five seconds before he lost his grip on the beam and fell. Thankfully smokescreen was able to catch him before he hit the floor.

Once he'd calmed down; he asked Bulkhead what his biggest mishap was during his time as a construction worker. Reluctantly, Bulkhead admitted that he caused a domino effect with some stacks of supplies that ended up injuring a senator by the name of Ratbat. Arcee replied that since he'd turned out to be both corrupt, and a Decepticon, the real blunder was that he survived.

Bulkhead then dared Smokescreen to rev his engine next to a sleeping agent Fowler who'd dozed off shortly before the game began. This, after some cussing led to the new rule that the game was to stay in the den.

From there, not wanting to irritate Fowler further, Smokescreen asked Bumblebee why after all his time as a scout he hadn't accepted the promotion to warrior yet. Bumblebee simply beeped that he wanted to have it on Cybertron, as opposed to Earth.

Afterwards he asked Sierra why she was a vegetarian. She shivered and explained that she walked in on a pig being butchered when she was twelve and had been one ever since.

Shaking her head to dispel the memory, Sierra brought the game back around to Miko. "Alright Chickadee, truth or dare?" She asked with a wicked grin.

Miko grimaced, she hoped that nickname didn't catch on. "Alright side salad, dare." She wasn't afraid of what 'Little Miss Cheerleader' could come up with.