Date Night

We're back everyone. I TRIED to get this chapter out by Valentines Day. But then my computer took a nosedive, and it took a while to get it usable again. I have a new one arriving soon.

Anyway, here's a chapter full of fluff and love to give you diabeetus. Fair warning, there is some implied but nondescript sexual content in this chapter that happens off screen as well as implied 'nudity' on par with chapter one. In addition, I do NOT own the rights to the song used in this chapter, or the ones mentioned. Anyway, please enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the berth in his quarters, Jack Darby gave a light sigh through his nose. Looking at the clock he noticed that it was nearly midnight. This meant that he should be expecting his nightly visitor at any moment now. Closing his eyes, he heard the quiet hiss of the electronic door and quiet footsteps creeping up to his berth. Opening his right eye, he could just make out Mikos' form in the darkness.

"Hey jackrabbit." She whispered tiredly, giving a small wave.

"Back again Pretty Bird?" He asked with a smile. Ever since they'd returned from Japan, Miko had had horrific nightmares about her time in her parents' captivity. The first couple of nights back, she had awoken the entire base when she woke up screaming. The primary reason that had stopped was because Miko had started sneaking into his room and sleeping in the same berth as him. The vividity of her dreams seemed to lessen when she was close to him.

"Yep." Miko whispered as Jack shifted back and lifted his blanket up. Giving her boyfriend a smile she climbed into bed with him and snuggled in close. She couldn't help giggling a little as Jack planted a kiss on the base of her neck before giving a sigh of comfort and drifting into a fitful sleep.

Nuzzling into his girlfriend, Jack couldn't help but feel the slight twitches of her body. The trauma of being vivisected had left its' mark on her and Jack couldn't help feeling helpless about it. The poor girl just hadn't been herself lately.

"Sleep tight Miko." Jack whispered as he began to drift to sleep. "I'll help keep the nightmares away."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning at breakfast, the two made sure to enter with a few seconds between them to keep the fact that they slept in the same bed a secret. As the two of them sat down, the conversation that was ongoing around them caught up to them.

"Vinnie and I are definitely going." Sierra giggled as she nudged her blushing boyfriends' shoulder. "What about you Allie? Got a certain dino you want to invite?"

"I'd like to." Allison grumbled. "But Slash has been ducking me ever since I let slip that I was sixteen."

"She's probably a little surprised at how young you are." Arcee supplied as she took a drink from her mug of milk. Ever since becoming technorganic, she found she enjoyed being able to enjoy the same kinds of foods the other Maximals did. "I mean, she is the same age as Goldbug."

"Well, I'm not exactly crawling around on the floor and pooping my pants!" Allison exclaimed.

"Eww, image!" Raf replied in disgust from where he and Enrique were talking. Leaning back towards his brother, Raf whispered. "You really think there's something between them?" He asked.

"I'm sure of it." Enrique replied. "The way she talks about him is not the way you'd talk about 'just a friend'."

"Well, I know Goldbug has been acting a bit strange around her." Raf commented.