Vegas is Bust Pt. 1

Hello kiddies and welcome back. This chapter ended up being in two pieces in the end. I just had too much going on for one chapter. Someday I will ease up on the multipart chapters, but not today. So, for the time being, please, enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, we are ready then?" Galvatron asked his lieutenants as he stood on the Nemesis' bridge. Assembled around him were Tarantulas, Bludgeon, Onslaught, Slog, Jetstorm and Thrust.

"Yes." Tarantulas began. "The restoration of Trypticon is complete. Transformation capabilities and all."

"Very well." Galvatron continued. "Before we can proceed with our plans to awaken Unicron, we must first acquire a permanent base of operations." He also needed somewhere stable to enact his plan for reinforcements.

"We also need to retrieve Tankor." Thrust interrupted. It hadn't been a full week yet and that was still too long.

"And so, you and Jetstorm shall." Galvatron replied. "However, rather than try to infiltrate a fully staffed Autobot City, we shall force them to respond to two emergencies simultaneously. Yes."

"So, divide and conquer again." Onslaught added as he chewed his Cy-gar. "You need to get a new plan Galvatron, you don't want to keep recycling this one." He'd watched the videos of the invasion of Unit-E and while impressed, felt using the same plan twice was risky.

"To start with." Galvatron ground out, ignoring the Combaticon Leader. "You and your Combaticons shall accompany Tarantulas on his little errand. Enter with a bang and the Autobots will most likely send one of their combiners to stop you." Onslaught thought this over for a second.

"Alright, I have an idea that should take one out." He announced. "Defensor is their most likely candidate." He'd done his research on the current Autobot roster and their weaknesses for such an occasion.

"Excellent." Galvatron nodded. "And while they are doing that and our Vehicon generals are getting into position, the rest of us shall storm and secure our new base of operations."

"Coincidentally." Bludgeon spoke up. "You never said where it is. Enlighten us please."

"So glad you asked." Galvatron grinned. He'd been waiting for the right moment. "The location I have in mind can easily be refitted for our use in less than a week. There's open desert around it so we can spot any advancing troops, and it comes with its own non energon based power supply, so we don't need to ration our resources between the ship and ourselves."

A projection of a human city appeared before them. It was covered in neon lights and swarming with people.

"Too much life there." Slog muttered distastefully.

"A problem your Horrorcons and the Predacons shall rectify." Galvatron replied. "With some carefully ordered Vehicon backup." he added, looking directly at his two remaining generals.

"We shall ensure that they will follow your orders in the field." Thrust replied in a bored tone. It wasn't his fault that Galvatron didn't think in advance last time.

"In that case, we all know our assignments." Galvatron spoke. "Everyone, prepare to move out." As they left the bridge, Jetstorm turned to Thrust.

"Almost sad we have to miss this."

"Why?" Thrust asked.

"Vegas baby!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Maximals' den in Autobot City, June Darby was nursing a whopper of a hangover from the party the night before. While her new body healed a lot faster than her human one, it would still be another hour or two before it cleared completely.