Specters of the Past Pt.2

Hello everyone, and a very Happy Holidays to you all. With the rush of the season, I had some trouble finding time to write this chapter, but we got there in the end. Anyway, I must warn you that this chapter has some sensitive material and a couple of trigger warnings include intentional misgendering and religious fanaticism. I apologize in advance if it offends anyone.

"Arcee!?"

The shocked exclamation from her son jolted June back into consciousness. Groaning, she pressed a hand to her head. The last thing she remembered was finding her children alongside her grandchildren. She thought she remembered a shimmer out of the corner of her eye, and then, nothing.

"Where's Arcee?" She aske

d as she got shakily to her feet.

"I'm right here June." A soft but deep voice from across the hall called out.

Walking up to the bars of the cell, June took in the mech in front of her.

"Arcee?" She asked. "What happened to you?"

"He has simply been restored to what Primus dictated he be." Came a new voice from down the hall. Looking in the direction of the voice, they saw a white and yellow mech with a red helmet and several holes in his body walking towards them.

"She!" Jack spat, glaring at the mech. "Was perfectly fine before you kidnaped us." Suddenly, the pieces clicked together for June.

"You're transgender?" She asked. Arcees' wince was all the confirmation that June needed.

"It's all right." June placated, hoping Arcee didn't take her question the wrong way. "You're still my sister and we will fix this."

"Please do not feed his delusions." The mech said, giving both Jack and June a disappointed look.

"The only delusional one here is you Jhiaxus." Arcee growled.

"Gee, axe us?" June questioned.

"He was the 'doctor' who helped me transition." Arcee explained, her optics never leaving Jhiaxus.

"A folly that helped set our race back countless years." Jhiaxus argued. "By de-transitioning you, not only have I righted one of my greatest sins, but made it so that you can heal properly."

"She did heal properly." Jack yelled. What this mech had done to his partner and aunt had infuriated him to no end. "She wanted to become her truest self, not a clone of her brother."

"Ah." Jhiaxus countered with an air of superiority. "But Primus placed his spark next to Galavars'. They were meant to be twins."

"And who's to say Primus doesn't make mistakes?" Jack countered before Jhiaxus punched him hard enough to knock him to the floor of the cell.

"JACK!" Arcee and June cried out.

"I will NOT, allow you to speak blasphemy of our creators good name." Jhiaxus yelled. Taking a calming breath, he looked at June. "Seeing as how Arcee has infected you with his corrupt CNA, I shall use your sons' to purify yours." He explained. "If you'll excuse me." With that, he turned and left the holding area.

June knelt to check on her son.

"Jack, sweetie, are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." Jack replied as he blinked the spots from his eyes. "What is that guys' problem?"

"A hole in the center of his forehead." Arcee explained. At their looks of disbelief, she continued. "He is the Cybertronian equivalent of what humans would call a cutter. He's been drilling holes into his body for years and recently drilled into his forehead by accident."