Confessions and Confrontations

Hello again all and welcome back. First off, a shout out to dragonheartdelven and Monkey D. Connan for figuring out that Bludgeon in this story talks in Haiku (A type of Japanese poetry). And an extra kudos to Monkey for spotting an error I made in the last chapter with it. (I've taken your advice and fixed that part how you suggested.) Now, in this chapter will be some touchy subjects for some, so be warned. I've dropped little breadcrumbs in past chapters to hint at it, but this is the exposition. That also said, I know that Pride month is over a week away, but I didn't want to leave you all waiting so consider this my contribution. Enjoy.

Arcee hoisted herself up over the cliff. It had been three days since Galavar had landed her in the Lost Lights' sick bay. Raf, after eating and some rest, used his CR pulse one additional time to heal her scorched T-cog. She'd only just gotten the clearance from Ratchet and First-Aid to go on this scouting trip with Jack the day before.

Speaking of. "You okay down there partner?" She called over the side. She moved over a bit as the cord from Jacks' whip wrapped around an outcropping in the rock. Jack reeled it in, pulling himself close to the top and swing over it to stand next to Arcee before reeling it in completely.

"Never better." Jack replied. "Are you okay though?" He asked, checking for any signs of fatigue from her recent injury.

Arcee scowled. This was the third time Jack had asked her that in less than an hour. "Again Leobolt, I'm fine." She gave a sigh. "Alright Jack, what's going on?" This was something more than just being seriously injured. And she knew it had nothing to do with the incident with Dealer/Doubledealer. She still couldn't figure out how that conbot got away with his charade as long as he did.

"Sorry Arcee." Jack sighed. "It's just in all the time I've known you, you've been at the top of your game. Then you get shot up by your brother, who just so happens to be a Decepticon. I mean I know he's your brother but."

Arcee cut him off. "Jack, Galavar has wanted me dead even before the war broke out." At his confused look she gave a sigh of her own. "Would it help if I told you why he wants me gone?"

"Sorry, I know it's personal Arcee. I just can't see why he'd want to kill you." Jack replied. Ever since his father left him and his mother, it had just been the two of them. Now though he had Raf and Vince as pseudo siblings. Even Sierra and Allison were to a lesser extent, to say nothing of Miko. He couldn't imagine wanting to harm any of them, let alone kill them.

Arcee sat down so she'd be on eye level with Jack. "Well first off, I think I need to explain something about him." She began. "To use Rungs' words, my brother is a megalomaniacal narcissist. He believes can do no wrong and the only thing he truly cares about is himself."

At Jacks shocked expression she continued. "Now, knowing that." She swallowed a bit. "I need to tell you something about me." She stopped herself when she noticed a slight shimmer on a rock near where they sat.

Deploying her guns, she took aim at the spot. The shimmer appeared again and seemingly leaped down to the ground. "Woah wait, don't shoot." Came Mikos' voice as her falcon mode shimmered into view.

Arcees' optic twitched. "Up to your old tricks again, Wingsaber?" She asked as Jacks girlfriend transformed under both their disapproving looks. "And where did you get that thing?" She said motioning to the device on her left wrist that was the cause of the invisibility.

"Sorry." She said, looking like she genuinely meant it. "I know you said you didn't need backup on this mission, but after what happened to you, I got worried about you two." She rubbed the device on her wrist. "And I borrowed this cloaker from Brainstorms' lab. That way if your brother or someone else ambushed you, I thought maybe I could ambush him."