Beach Brawls

Greetings and salutations all. Sorry this chapter took so long but between wanting to cover everything without breaking it up into two chapters, and making up for the work I missed while out with COVID, I've been feeling like Waspinator in most episodes of Beast Wars after work. Side note: Starting now, as I release new chapters, I will be going back and re-editing the earlier ones, both for formatting and grammatical errors. I re-edited the first chapter when I posted this one. Now, onward.

Megatron glowered. After the debacle with Starscream, Knockout, and Cylas he'd had his fill of Terrorcons. However, he did give permission to Shockwave to test the Predacon augmentation on one. Unfortunately, the news on this front wasn't what he'd been hoping for.

"As you can see lord Megatron." Shockwave said indicating the Terrorcon that had once been Dreadwing. "The properties of the Enigma of Combination and dark energon seem to be incompatible. The energy of the dark energon seems to be hampering the enigmas' ability to combine the nucleic acids."

Looking at Dreadwings' corpse Megatron couldn't help but agree. While the dark energon had reanimated it, it also kept him from being evolved. At various points on his body, one could see where animal features had attempted to form only to stop and crack.

Megatron gave a sigh and turned to Shockwave. "Very well. Continue to make more Predacons using the sparkless Vehicons. Once we run out, I'll begin looking for 'volunteers' to be augmented." Turning back to the Terrorcon, Megatron gave a smirk. "I have an idea on what to do with this monster for the time being."

"Very well." Shockwave said, turning back to his computer console. "I am also working on a synthetic energy frequency that may bear some results. It could allow us to replicate the enigmas' power without the artifact, perhaps even bypass the dark energon problem. In addition, using my experimental transwarp drive, I can pull the Constructicons' ship into the planets orbit as soon as tomorrow. I only need your approval."

Megatron grinned. "Approval given Shockwave. Is it possible to use this method with Astrotrain and the Darksyde?" He asked. Getting reinforcements sooner rather than later would be preferential.

Shockwave shook his head. "The journey is hazardous to Cybertronians without proper shielding, and since Astrotrain is the ship, such a maneuver would be, illogical. Likewise, the Darksyde doesn't have the shielding and would cost us further." Seeing Megatrons' angry look, Shockwave continued. "However, a low powered beacon from the device will cut Astrotrains' commute down from a deca-cycle to three Earth days."

Nodding, Megatron turned to leave. "Very well Shockwave. Put the Terrorcon in a stasis pod and prepare it for transport. Afterwards, make arrangements to bring the Constructicons here and Astrotrain after that." With that he turned and walked out of the lab, briefly nodding to Punch as he passed. As reward for assisting him during the 'Cylas crisis" he'd installed him as head of Shockwaves' security detail.

Entering the bridge, he turned to Soundwave. "Anything to report?" Soundwave turned to him; his mask lit up showing a map of what the humans called the Caribbean. "And this is of importance because?" The map on the mask then displayed three Autobot signatures on one of the islands, as well as ones for what the Autobots' formerly human pets had become.

"I see." He turned to the ships PA system. "Starscream report to the bridge." Moments later the Aerospace commander entered, limping slightly. Starscream still hadn't fully recovered from Megatrons' 'reprimand'.

"You summoned me, lord Megatron?" Starscream asked, keeping an optic on both his commander and nearest exit.

"We have an Autobot sighting in a remote tropical region of this planet." Megatron growled. "In addition, the fleshling experiments are in the area as well. Your orders, are to retrieve as many of the experiments and offline as many Autobots as possible."