Specters of the Past Pt.3

Welcome back everyone. I'm not going to lie this chapter fought me in places. It didn't help that there is a lot going on in it. Considering this chapter takes place in Japan, I did do some geographic research, but I don't think it's 100% accurate. Now, I do try to be as vague as possible in some parts of this story so as not to jeopardize my T-rating or give some of my younger readers nightmares. I also know that what we imagine is worse than what anyone can write so please be advised. Without further ado, enjoy.

(Bold words mean speaking in Japanese)

Miko Nakadai groaned as she regained consciousness. Her head felt like Bulkhead had stomped on it repeatedly and a low buzzing sound kept her from really focusing her mind. There must've been an after party after the meet and greets. Idly wondering what she'd drank Miko went to rub her eyes only to find out she couldn't move. A little more awake, she was able to comprehend that several people were speaking around her in Japanese.

"The subject is awake? Should we administer a sedative?"

"No, it will interfere with our results."

"Remember, first priority is whatever makes it teleport."

Realizing what she was hearing, a cold shiver ran through MIkos' spark. This had to be a nightmare, she had to still be asleep!

Wrenching her eyes open she realized she was strapped down in an operating theater. Around her were several people in medical scrubs moving about and preparing equipment and containers. Most ominously, however, was what looked like a combination of saws, forceps and spreaders on an arm. Beginning to hyperventilate, Miko began trying to teleport away only for the buzzing sound to get worse.

"You won't get away that easily." Came a horrifically familiar womans voice. Eyes widening in shock, Miko scanned the room and there, on a catwalk overlooking her, were two people she hoped to never see again. A man and a woman both were in lab coats and surgical scrubs with masks covering their mouths.

"Do you think she recognizes us?" The man asked. Anger taking over her fear, Miko glared at the two.

"You can ditch the face panties oyaji, I know it's you and mama!" She yelled in Japanese. Sharing a look, Tadashi and Imako Nakadai lowered their face masks before giving their daughter a disappointed look.

"Disrespectful now as you were when you left daughter." Tadashi scolded the restrained Maximal. "Then again, you always were a disappointment."

"Your emotional abuse doesn't work on me anymore." Miko growled at her father. June and Rung had helped her to see their 'parenting methods' for what they were.

"Being strict is not abuse."

"It is a shame it has come to this." Imako added. "Before your accident, we had finished inking a deal for you to marry Takasu Hirokazu. He was so upset that we had to back out of the deal."

"That chauvinist pig!?" Miko exclaimed. She remembered Hirokazu, and his belief that women were only good for childbearing and rearing.

"That lion boy you seemed close to could hardly be better." Tadashi spat back. "All American children are just entitled brats and I'm sure he's attempted to-." Miko cut him off.

"That pig you wanted me to marry grabbed my butt last time we met, and you told me not to make a scene." She yelled. "You have no right to judge Jack."