Friends and Enemies, Old and New

Alright everyone, here's a new chapter fresh off the presses. This one inadvertently turned into a much larger chapter than I was intending, but I think it was worth it. We have some surprises and new twists for your reading pleasure. So by all means, enjoy.

In her classroom in Paradon, Arcee was going over test papers. Lingering over her top students' results, she let out a laugh. She liked the humorous responses to some of the test questions that somehow managed to convey the correct response. She had a feeling that she had a genius on her servos. She just hoped he could keep his alt mode under wraps.

She was pulled out of her musings by a series of rapid footfalls followed by a loud pounding on her classroom door. Dropping her teachers' tablet, she walked over to the door and opened it revealing a bronze and black mech about her height. Optics widening, she realized it was the student whose test she'd been grading.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. "Class was over-" She was cut off.

"Arcee! Arcee you need to hide me!" He begged frantically.

She looked at the terrified mech before her. "What's wrong?"

"I was drafted for a combiner experiment!" He hissed, glancing at t

Arcee was confused. "I thought you had no problem being part of one?"

"Yeah." The young mech admitted. "But that was before I learned part of the procedure was a mandatory lobotomy!" He nearly screamed.

Mouth agape, Arcee stared at her student. She hadn't known that either. Hearing loud footfalls in the hallway again, she turned to the young mech.

"Quickly, hide in the supply closet, and don't come out." She ordered, opening the door. She wouldn't let this fine young mind be destroyed without a fight. Shutting the door, she barely had time to pick her tablet back up before a large hulking mech peeked in the door.

"S'cuse me mam." He spoke with a faux polite tone. "But we're looking for a student of yours. Over here Anvil." He called behind his shoulder as what appeared to be his identical twin stepped into the doorway, effectively blocking her in. "Name's Hammer." The mech added.

"Is one of them in trouble?" She asked calmly. Hopefully she could bluff their way out of this.

"Well." Anvil explained from the door. "The young mech was picked for an experiment and decided to leave before we could explain everything."

Arcee raised a brow. "Wouldn't he be within his rights to refuse?" She asked.

"He would." Hammer replied. "If he turned into anything other than a beast. And let's face it, animals can't be smart according to functionism."

"And we all know how the senate feels about bots that don't fit within the system, don't we." Anvil added menacingly, looking directly at her. Arcee was unthreatened, however.

"In any case, I haven't seen." She was cut off as Hammer fired a taser into her side, causing her to drop to the floor in convulsions.

"The senate wants a combiner." Anvil began. "They also want you gone freak." He jeered. They'd been briefed about Arcees' history when they learned she was the subjects' teacher. "Either way, we get results."

"Now you tell us where he is." Hammer added as he gave Arcee another jolt. "Or we can eliminate you instea-" He was cut off as the supply closets' door was knocked off its' hinges.

A large two legged black and bronze beast with a horned head charged across the classroom and knocked Hammer into Anvil. Throwing Arcee over its' shoulder as it fled the classroom, it began to charge towards the school doors towards freedom.