Fantasy vs. Reality Pt1

Welcome back, to Beast Wars Prime. I admit this chapter was one of my favorites to write. Even if switching POVs was a pain in the rear at times. I decided to drag another minor con out of mothballs and give him a chance to shine. You'll see who at the end and in the meantime, enjoy a little game of fantasy and reality.

(Fantasy-Jack)

Jack awoke with a start as the transport came to a stop. Where was he? Where were the bots? He slowed down to think a moment. Oh right, the bots returned to Cybertron years ago. He felt the ache in his chest he always had when he thought about them. That sadness may have been why he dreamed he Miko and Raf were Cybertronian hybrids.

And as to where, he was coming back from their latest mission, capturing some escaped MECH agents. As he stepped off the transport, he heard his partner give a whoop behind him. "Wahoo!" Miko exclaimed as she threw her fist into the air. "That was awesome."

Miko had changed a bit since the bots left, she traded her original pigtails for a pixie cut and added a green streak in honor of Bulkhead. She also had a growth spurt not long after the bots left that left her only a couple inches shorter than him. "We still on for dinner tonight?" She asked.

He smiled as he remembered the ring in his pocket. After the bots left their mutual sadness had drawn them closer together. They began dating right before they entered training in Unit-E three years ago, becoming a wildly successful pair of agents, and tonight, he was finally going to ask her to marry him. "Yep." He replied. "I will start cooking after I debrief Fowler and get cleaned up."

Miko planted a kiss on his lips. "See you then Jackrabbit." She then headed for the showers to clean up herself.

Jack smiled again as he watched her go. How did he get so lucky? Just a few more hours and some extra preparations, and he might be the luckiest man on Earth that night.

(Fantasy-Miko)

Miko rubbed her eyes in the early afternoon sun as she got off the plane. Slash Monkeys' reunion tour had ended a few days ago and she was only now getting back to the states. She made the mistake of visiting her parents while she was on layover in Tokyo. After that giant cluster frag, she caught a redeye flight back to Reno where her ride would pick her up. She slept for most of the twelve-hour flight and with her exhaustion, it was no wonder she dreamed she was a giant bird.

"See, there she is." Came the voice of Mikos' husband. Turning, she saw Jack with a sign with her name on it. The thing that really warmed her heart however, was that their two-year old daughter Akiko was holding a small sign of her own that read 'mama' while sitting on her fathers' shoulder.

"Hey, sweet spark." Miko greeted as Jack brought Akiko down to hug her. She then leaned over and kissed Jack, trying not to giggle as their daughter went 'ewe' at them. As much as Miko Darby loved rock and roll, there was nothing like having someone to come home to.

(Fantasy-Raf)

"Rafael? Mijo wake up." Rafs' mother called to him.

Raf jerked awake at the dining room table. With all the late-night studying he'd been doing, not to mention the chats with Bee, it was no surprise he fell asleep at the table. Although why he dreamed that he was a rhinoceros was a big wonder why for him.

"Are you alright? It isn't like you to fall asleep at the table." His eldest brother Estavanico asked. "Let alone at Christmas dinner."

Raf shook his head. "I'm alright guys." He answered. Looking around, he saw his entire family smiling at him. "Just had a lot on my mind."

"So, nothing really new then?" Rafs' sister Emilda joked.

"Well actually." Raf said, sitting up a little straighter, all eyes at the table were on him. "I was going to wait until after dinner to announce this but, I finally got my acceptance letter. I start at MIT in the fall."