chapter 29

I bite back the cold feeling in my stomach, and lightly knock on the door three times. Our code. The door slightly opens, and my stomach drops when Rob stands there shirtless.

"Ariel?" He says breathless.

"Hey Rob. I need to talk to you."

I push past him, not caring about his response. My stomach growls, as I make my way over to his couch. His house was disgusting. Clothes scattered around the apartment, and pizza boxes filling in the bit of carpet that's left. I gag slightly, and lean against the wall, un able to sit from the revolting smell.

"So uh, what in the world are you doing here?"

Right, I haven't talked to him in forever. I have so much to tell him.

"Rob I have been cutting again, I'm pregnant, and Mitch thinks I'm cheating on him with you..."

"Why would he think that?"

"He tried to make out with me, but I pushed him off and ran to your house.." I clear my throat, the silence and tension in the air killing me. Rob used to be overly obsessed with me and I always blew him off for Mitch.

-

After telling Rob everything he sits there, mouth wide open.

"Rob close your mouth flies will literally go in your mouth." I chuckle.

He laughs but still sits there in disbelief. If you get past all the clothes and flies Rob is actually a really sweet and caring guy.

"Wh-y-y did you hurt yourself again?" He whispers, so soft I had to strain my ear to hear. I knew he was going to ask that, I was prepared. I have lied before, I don't have to tell him I don't want the baby.

"I don't know, hormones." I say looking around, doing anything I could to avoid his eyes.

"You know you can tell me Ariel." He says, putting his hand on my thigh. I look up the minute he touches my thigh, and shuffle away awkwardly.

"I don't want the baby Rob. I'm not ready.." I confess, sadness coating my voice. Mitch is never going to forgive me if I tell him. You should see the man! Everyday he looks through books and magazines figuring out what to do if it's a boy, a girl, what to buy him or her, etc.

"Why don't you want the baby?"

"I'm just not ready... I'm not stable, or fully happy."

"Ariel. If you're not ready become ready, read books, become inspired. Kids are amazing gifts, and you will soar with happiness when that little lump of skin is getting held in your hands."

I smile thinking of holding a baby, my own little baby, that I made, that Mitch and I made. The thought takes my breath away, I never really thought about it like that.

"Rob you are amazing, thank you so much!" I hug him tightly.

"Of course, Ariel. My pleasure." He hugs me back softly, our hearts beating together.

I say my farewells and walk out, feeling inspired. I really should come here more often, I say to myself smiling. Putting my keys in the ignition I realize I know have a mission to complete, be the best parent ever.

-

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! This is my last week of school, which means less stress and moreeeee chapters!! Exciting! Thank you all for 10k reads, I appreciate and love every single one of you. :)