chapter 31

*IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT END PLEASE READ*

-

I sit up quickly, breathing heavily. My breathing calms when I see Mitch laying next to me,  the moon illuminating his soft features. Slipping out of bed, I go into the bathroom, and splash cold water on my face, to recover from my odd, and very vivid dream.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I remember my past words, and I still want to conquer them. Be the best parent ever.  

-

Mitch's voice wakes me early next morning, groaning, I slowly open my eyelids and see his chocolate brown eyes staring down at me.

"Why must you wake me up so early."

His eyes go sad as soon as I say that, and immediately I get confused.

"What's wrong?" I question, worried.

"Today we have the wedding planner over, to help us set up the wedding? Ring a bell?"

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I forgot." Jumping up from the sheets, I jump on his back,  kissing his neck.

"Do you forgive me?" I pout, as he sets me down on the kitchen counter.

As he sorts through the mess we call a kitchen, he begins to make scrambled eggs, and looks at me, chuckling.

"Of course. I was just kidding around." He says, tensely. Raising my eyebrow, I hop off the counter and go to the TV, and browse channels. Someone's on his man period.

Sitting on the couch in silence, he brings two plates over, and we eat our eggs in silence, the awkwardness killing me slowly.

-

When the planner finally leaves after two long painful hours, the awkwardness between Mitch and I finally lifted.

All it took was two beers.

"Mitch, you've got to tell me how you're feeling to make this relationship work."

"I know, I know. I just-"

"Spill the beans, I'm itching to know what's bothering you."

"I don't feel like I'm going to be a good dad." Mitch confesses, looking down at his hands.

Immediately I tear up since I was just in this position a day or two ago. Reaching over for his hands, I hold them in mine, and kiss both his hands.

"Mitch. You are going to be an amazing dad, and we are going to be amazing parents. We're in this together. Always."

He nods, his eyes cloudy, and leans over to kiss me.

"I love you Ariel."

"I love you more."

"Impossible." 

-

The wedding was days away. Angel and Sammi already agreed to come, even though they wish I was still in high school with them. I haven't seen them in ages, so it means the world to me that they even considered coming, let alone actually coming.

Nerves started kicking in now, and while I pace the floor in my wedding dress, I start to notice everything that's wrong with me. My hair looks weird, my eyes seem off, my body seems to big, and everything just looks wrong.

Sliding to the floor, I cry silently, thinking of more reasons why this is a terrible idea.

You're too young. You're only a senior. You're not good enough for him. You're not ready for commitment.

Then I remember something important, as I see the picture of us hanging on the wall. I may not be 100% ready, heck I may be the worst bride ever, but the most important thing is.

I love him, and he loves me.

-

Helllo!!!!!

What is the so important message you may ask??

This story is coming to an end.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSPPPPPPPPP

Ok ok. I know I said that I would to 15 or something more chapters, but honestly, I have the ending already written and this story ends on chapter 33. If you want, I could make an extra chapter where the baby is grown and blah blah but that's up to u!!!

Have a loveeeellllly day/week/year/lifetime.

I love u.

Emma.