Ch. 21

Ratchet sat at his desk as data pads stack high and across his desk. Goldfire change slightly some nights ago. Became more reserve and his answerers are either short or cryptic. He was going to have sit down with Goldfire and figure what is making him act this way.

"Ratchet." As the door burst open. And there stands Goldfire. "We need to talk."

Swearing as the pad in Ratchet servos move over hundred paragraphs ahead. Turning around to shout back only for his voice to become missing. Goldfire stands high as his amour once bright yellow has gone completely black. His battle mask on and glimmers at the sharp edges. His visor that covers his optics glow red.

"Goldfire. What is wrong?"

Goldfire stands with no background noise and that is when Ratchet knew why the others where frighten of him. For there are times that his electric field did not give anything away. Ratchet theories that it was either Goldfire had to bring his electric field close to hide their hot temper nature form his pervious master; or that it is so large that one cannot pick it up as they are amongst it. Just as one can not hear their own thoughts when sounds are louder than yours.

Goldfire finally speaks. "How much do you know about the Primes."

Ratchet knows that some of them are still around. Hiding among the citizens. "That some of them are here. Hiding among us and only rumours some bots meeting them."

"What if I told you that you spoke with Alph Trion."

Ratchet chuckles "Come on why would one of the Primes come here?"

Goldfire battle mask pulls back "Primary State came running in with a minicon looking for help of a doctor."

Ratchet ran the sentence in his processor "Primary State a Prime!"

A side little smile appears of Goldfire face. His optic less red, as blue creep back towards the centre. "I know. What a terrible alias. He might as well write I am a Prime on his helm."

"How did you figure out that he is a Prime?"

A sigh leaves deep from Goldfire. As yellow start to return back on his frame. With a deep exhale and closing the door. Goldfire made his way to Ratchts desk. Looking around of all the bits and bods. Data pads and used medical gear. He found a box that has words written onto it. Things to throw out is says. sitting empty in the conore. Taking it Goldfire sat down.

"Its because I meet him very briefly in the future. In the very far future. And when I meet you for the first time. When you meet me I needed a medic. You become my medic and that's how we became friends. I am from the future and I need help getting back into my time."

Ratchet sits as he takes in what Goldfire has said. Carefully he put his servo on Goldfire shoulder. "Goldfire, would you care to come to my medic bay." As possible diagnoses start to be pull up from memory.

It is the wrong thing to say. Goldfire optics flicker red. Ratchet has only seconds to reassure them or they will close off from him.

"It is a way that I can tell if you are saying is true. Just one memory is all I need. Any that will suit you." Ratchet says calmly.

He can feel the electric field rush by as they pull back into Goldfire frame. Taking note of Goldfire electric field actions. With a chance Ratchet sends his electric field at Goldfire. Giving a pulse of care and worried for towards them. Goldfire chuckles as a boyish grin appear of Goldfire face, making him look younger.

"Okay Ratchet I will let you look at one memory."

The room to look at the processor is a small room with draws tuck in the walls. A chair for the patient and a control panle for the medic. Opening one of the draws to bring out a machine that look like an old TV.

Ratchet attaches Goldfire to a machine that will allow him to view memories or a memory. With Goldfire telling which one for Ratchet to look for. The image starts to form and the first thing that Ratchet sees is a sun making its way down to the horizon and the second a city that was not made by cybertrons and what more there is organic matter surrounding the city.

"There you are." As a gruff old voice calls out to Goldfire. Goldfire turns their optics to face the person that they spoke to. And there is an orange and white bot. Their body a bit bulkier than usual.

"Do you need something Ratchet" says a voice younger than expected.

The image pauses. Ratchet spin shiver. There is him as a very old bot on a planet that was far from Cybertron.

Goldfire speaks only is came out quitter than usual. "Ratchet can you build a space bridge that can send me back home?"