Ch. 23

Goldfire huffs as they carry a large piece of iron that Ratchet need to construct a space bridge. A spacebridge big enough for them to fit through. Though Ratchet curiosity about the future has Goldfire tanks flop. However, Queenie and her need to follow Goldfire everywhere and know what Goldfire is doing stops Ratchet asking those questions. Now in the middle of the night and annoyed as the metal has scratch into their paint. He would have to talk to Checkers about finding a way to re-activate his bio-weapon. Getting some of the gear is getting harder to do without being able to burn a hole in a wall. However, this night Goldfire spark feels uneasy with its change from extremely hot to extremely cold. Quicker he gets it done. The quicker he can get back to safety.

Caring the iron to the medical facility and placing it in the deep basement. Devoid of Ratchet and his constant grumbling over data pad. And going over a big glass board with equations that looks more complicated than Bulkhead. When reaching the top levels and finding that many of the doctors and nurses are busy trying to separate and save the bots who from some reasons were poured over with hot cooper that join them together. It is not until after that Goldfire sees Ratchet with dim optics. Guilding Ratchet back to his berth and telling them that training won't be happening and that the Space bridge can wait takes a good hour with Ratchet constant protest. Goldfire cannot help and smile. Ratchet always tells others off for not sticking to bed rest and yet he won't do it himself.

It was getting close to morning when Goldfire sees smoke burning from a far. As Goldfire gets closer he sees the building that he and colleges stay at alight. The heat so intense that parts of the roof is melting open. Pulling a burst of speed and sees Big red and blue bots spray a foam over the fire coating it bubbles. He spots Whitenoise holding on Queenie with her burnt limbs as she cries. Getting closer she reaches for him. Carfuly he wraps her in his arms as he looks at Whitenoise.

"After you left and all of us went into recharge, something came into the master house and attack. It came out of the master quarters when I found it. I tried to fight it however got away. Setting the house on fire. I manage to get Queenie however I think the Master and Groundbreaker are still inside."

Goldfire spark pulse cold. He can feel Queenie electric field bust out as a fast-flowing flood or rage and sadness. As Goldfire look over the fire scenes of dread fill every particle of them. The fire burns hot and fast and any entry or exit looks like the inferno of a smelter. An in deep of their spark they wail with grief as the quintesson with the face of life has perish along with Groundbreaker. Just as their spark wail in grief for Cliffjumper, Tailgate and all the others that Bumblebee knows that will never see again.

It was early morning when the fire has stop and Cybertron city lighting up as the tallest towers start to glow its many bright lights over the city. Goldfire miss the sun that Earth rotates around. The expression that tomorrow will be brighter or Tomorrow will be a better day. Seem so far. Just as how the rising of the sun seems to make everything better. Instead of the constant darkness that Cybertron seems to be.

Whitenoise whistle as they look down at Queenie. Gaining her attention. "We need to see a medic."

It became days and Queenie became the head of her Master duties. With Whitenoise and Goldfire beside her. Everyone did not say anything however she became more restrain and if weigh by the burden of the requirements of her Master inherited tasks. The only time Queenie seem happy is when she was training with Goldfire and Whitenoise. Sometime if the medical bots are lucky, she will give them a brief smile.

Ratchet no matter how much he tried could not get the spacebridge stable enough not to turn into a blackhole. With a sad smile and words of thanks Goldfire accepted that he was never going back to his time. A for a time mourn the friends he will never see again.

It was one of those rare accessions when Queenie with Goldfire is going through the burn office of the Master that the safe where the Master puts his many important documents. From many routine enforcer work Goldfire knew that the safe had been pried open by force. And a sinking feeling start to form. The key to Vector Sigma the computer that is connected to the Allspark and it home in the well is missing. Having witness the queitessons frustrations when they needed Queenie to run the control has failed and Vector Sigma has not responded to any of their commands.

That night Goldfire made his way to where the Primes meet up at the old council building. As Goldfire walks in he can feel tension among the Primes electric field. Whatever has happened among them is still fresh with the sensation of hot metal sitting on their glossa. Goldfire did not become one of the best Spec Ops if he could not read an electric field. And how clumsy they are. They were not use to keeping their electric field in check.

"Is see that you have come bearing with news." Says Alchemist Prime.

Goldfire nods his head "The key to Vector Sigma is missing. I have looked at all the places of the Key could be and cannot relocate it."

Alchemist Prime breaths in deep. "Do you think someone has taken it?"

"It is possible that someone has taken it. As a safe has been pried open and the contents inside left untouched."

A mumble carries among the Primes as many looks angry or worried about the development.

"What could anyone would want the key for." Says Megatronus.

As they turn their helms towards Vector Prime. Vector Prime glows for a moment and his face a picture of sadness and fear.

"I can not tell as the future is yet to choose a path. However, I can say that it will have impact that will leave a mark into our future. So whatever choice we make. We must decide carefully." Vector Prime voice coming out hollow.

Alpha Trion stares at Goldfire. Pulling all of his electric field close to his chest so they won't know his thoughts as Goldfire look straight at the.

"Do you know who could have taken the key?" Alpha Trion asks.

"No." Goldfire says "I do have to get back as the others will come looking for me."

Prima nods his head. "You may leave" they say.

Goldfire transforms and disappears into the shadows.

Oxny Pime voice rumbles "They do not know yet. However, their instincts already know."

Prima snorts "You and you civilised manner."