Chapter 27

All three of them came downstairs, to see even Bogum and Jung Il's families present. Jimin went inside the kitchen while the men folk sat in the living room and Suga playing with Hae Won. Jimin entered the kitchen to see Jin instructing the maid and Jungkook's two aunts talking about something. As usual Jimin greeted Hee Jin and Na Eun and they too her greeted back.

But they will not keep quiet just after greeting so this time Na Eun scoffed, "Oh my Jimin, you are glowing the next day after marriage. Did you wake up just now? Jimin I know you may have never entered the kitchen before marriage but now you are married so you should be the one cooking the breakfast at least today as it is your first rasoi ka rasam (it is a tradition that the new bride cooks dessert for her in-laws for the first time the next day after the marriage). Jin bhabhi has aged so you should help her out." Before Jimin could say anything Jin answered, "Na Eun you are very worried about when my daughter-in-law is waking up or how old I am or what her duties are? As far as I remembered when you first married into the family we had breakfast at 11 o' clock because you couldn't cook. Mind telling me what is the time now Na Eun."

Na Eun's face paled when Jin mention her first rasoi rasam incident in front of Jimin and maids and servants. It's true when she first married into the Jeon family she didn't know how to cook properly and that's the reason she had to hear a lot of criticisms from her mother-in-law. She meekly retorted, "Bhabhi I just said that to tease Jimin and nothing else." Jimin smiled because she knew that both of them wanted to taunt her but she felt loved when Jin supported her like this. Jin continued, "Na Eun don't speak without knowing anything. This is an advice to you from me." Jimin thought of clearing the heavy atmosphere a bit, "Aunties don't worry today I'll feed you the food I'll cook. I won't let you leave before that." With that Jimin went to cook the desserts. Jin also didn't bother about them and helped Jimin in what she was doing.

Na Eun felt embarassed all over. She looked at the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law pair with hate in her eyes. How could Jin talk about that incident in front of the new bride and embarass her? First Jin and now even her daughter-in-law also joined who is just like her mother-in-law arrogant and self centered. What do they think of themselves just because both of them married into the main Jeon family and they have powerful and influential family they can do anything. When Na Eun was thinking deep someone held her hands. She looked up to see Hee Jin. hee Jin looked at her with worry laced in her face and asked in a low voice, "Are you ok? Let's go outside and talk." Jin glanced at the two retreating figures and again focused in her work. While Jimin was preparing the kheer she asked Jin, "Maa what dessert does Jungkook like?" Jin smiled at her cute daughter-in-law and teased, "Do you want to make your husband's favourite dessert?"

Jimin blushed at the words 'your husband' but nonetheless nodded. Jin lightly pinched her cheeks, "It's sooji ka halwa (an Indian dessert)." After finishing the kheer Jimin started cooking sooji ka halwa. Jin ordered the servants to bring out the food and went outside with Jimin. "Come on, let's eat breakfast." Everyone sat on their designated seats and Jungkook pulled Jimin to seat next to him. Namjoon, Jin and Suga smirked, it seems like the ice berg is slowly melting with Jimin's warmth.

The first thing Jimin asked Jungkook was where is Hae Won and whether she has eaten or not. Jungkook assured her that Hae Won finished her food and resting in her room along with the nanny. Jimin sighed a relief and started to eat. After the hearty breakfast it was time for desserts. First the kheer was served and everyone praised Jimin who was the chef. Even though Bogum, Jung Il and the others were not bothered but still had to praise Jimin with a smile on their face. Next only Jungkook was served a small portion of sooji ka halwa. Suga teased, "Wow maa, today you actually showed that you love bhaiyaa more than me. How can you make bhaiyaa his favourite but not mine? This is not fair, I'll protest against this."