Chapter 1 - FIRST DAY

Anastasia Creed

I don't believe in law. I don't believe in humanity. I also don't believe in love.

"Welcome to the family, Anastasia." Louis Creed said as he gave me a big hug. I guess he's my dad now since he's officially adopted me.

"At last, Ana." Grace Creed pulled me away from her husband and hugged me tightly.

I just got adopted by Louis and Grace Creed at seventeen. The reason why they adopted me was because of my beautiful face, my skeletal body, and my eyes. One thing that made me agree to their adopting me was they both are millionaires. They can't have kids independently and don't want to raise a baby. When they saw me on the list, they immediately felt right.

So it's a win-win.

They brought me into their house and introduced me to everyone. They already have my room ready, it's all in light pink. They gave me a car, a driver, and an assistant to help me, and I will enroll in a private school in two weeks.

I sat in my new room and looked up to the ceiling.

I don't know if being adopted by the Creed family is a blessing or a curse. I don't even know if I made the right decisions or not. I just hope that I can finally find peace.

Peace.

I've been running all my life, and having a home like this felt weird.

The first day was rough. It's hard for me to adjust. I had to learn how to be a millionaire kid. How to act and talk properly. Grace, who I now call Mom, brought a teacher for me. I agreed to everything that she said and will be the best kid that they'll ever have.

I was going through the second week of living in The Creed, and it was starting to get easier than before. I adapted pretty quickly and loved every second of it.

"I don't know why you want to hide it, Ana." Mom said as I put my contact lens in. "You look lovely."

"I don't feel comfortable with people seeing it. You know it's my first day at school, and I don't want any attention on me." She smiled, nodding. I put on my uniform and looked at the mirror one last time.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

"Yes." I walked out of the mansion and got into the car.

"Good morning, Ana."

"Morning, Wren." I greeted my driver, and Mom joined me. She insisted on dropping me off at school. Dad wanted to come, but he had to fly to Spain for some meetings.

"Are you nervous?" She asked, and I shook my head.

Going to private school will be as easy as walking. If they leave me alone and don't test my patience, I'll be on my merry way, but somehow I doubted it.

"After school, Wren will pick you up again, and we'll have dinner with some of my friends. I want to introduce you to them and their kids." She caressed my hair, and I nodded.

Once we arrived in front of the school building, I turned to my mom and smiled. We got out of the car, and she made me face her. She cupped my face.

"I guess this is it."

"Have fun. Don't forget to make friends." She said and pulled me into a hug.

"Okay." She let me go, and I walked into the school building. When I walked in, a woman was waiting for me. She looked like she was in her fifties, holding a black envelope with the school logo.

"You must be Anastasia Creed." She smiled, and I nodded.

"My name is Suzy Connor, and I'm the principal. I'm here to give you a tour of our school." She gave me the black envelope, "Your schedule, the school map, and my contact in case you need my help."

"Thank you."

"Shall we?" She gestured, and I nodded.

She gave me a full tour of the beautiful private school. There are two buildings in total: Building A and Building B. Both have seven floors, and a bridge connects the two buildings. The building was designed with a modern style.

There are a lot of facilities that I never thought a school would have. A tennis court, a swimming pool, an arcade, a bowling alley, an extensive library, a salon, and even a big coffee shop. I saw students hanging out there.

This school is for the rich, and you have to be on a specific economic level to be able to enroll here. Thanks to my new parents, I could register here easily. They even gave me lots of money for me to enjoy.

"This is your class, Anastasia." She stopped the tour in front of my class, and I took a really deep breath before walking in. Suzy introduced me to the whole class, and everyone looked at me with disgust.

I sat on the front because that was the only seat left. As soon as Suzy left, I could hear people mocking how my parents adopted me and how I was so lucky.

At lunch, I decided to go to the toilet because the first day of school was pretty overwhelming. I was hoping for it to be empty, but it's packed.

They were packed with all the mean girls.

They were touching up their make-up and gossiping in the toilet. They shifted their attention to me, and one of them grabbed me, forcing me to get inside. There are six of them, and the leader must be the blonde because she's wearing a red badge.

"You're the new girl, right?" The blonde-haired girl asked.

"Yes," I answered. Suddenly, the girl behind me pulled my hair.

"You're not supposed to answer." Great.

"So... what is it like from living on the streets to living in a mansion? How did the Creeds decide to pick you?" She looked at me from head to toe.

"Did Louis make you his slut?" The whole group chuckled, and she walked closer to me. She grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her.

"Did you open your legs when he picked you?" She smirked, and I looked straight into her eyes. She gulped nervously before ended up slapping me across the face.

"Dunk her head into the-" Before she could finish the sentence, I kicked her stomach so hard that she fell to the ground. The room turned silent, and I turned to her minions behind me.

They all stepped back, and I walked towards the blonde girl. I squatted before her and smiled, "It felt nice to live in a mansion. The Creeds picked me because I'm beautiful, and Louis didn't make me his slut." I grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at me.

"What's your name?" I asked and she shut her mouth. I digged my nails into her skin, showing who's the boss here.

"Don't make me repeat my question because you won't like it." My voice was low and she gulped nervously.

"Veronica."

"Veronica, what?"

"Veronica Woods."

"This is exciting. I'm going to open legs for your daddy, and I want to see how long it will take for your parents to get a divorce."