Chapter 24 - CARDIO

Anastasia Creed

"This is yours?" I asked him once we arrived at the beautiful house in the middle of the island.

"Yes." Once the car stopped, Brooke opened the door for me. I got out, and I couldn't help but walk towards the beach. The island is so beautiful, not too big for a short vacation.

"Ana," Asher called and turned around to see him, gesturing me to come inside. I followed him into the beautiful two-story home. The interior was filled with a combination of wood and marble.

Stunning. Breathtaking. Unreal.

"Our room is upstairs. You can freshen up if you want." He said to me as he gestured for Brooke to follow him outside.

"I want a separate room."

"No." With that, he walked outside with Brooke, and I went upstairs to the second floor. There are four doors. I tried to open the first two, but it's locked. I tried to open one by one, and the only one opened was the primary bedroom.

The view from the primary bedroom is so beautiful. I can stay here watching the waves and the beautiful sunset forever. I walked out to the balcony and found Asher talking with a few guards of his.

As if he knew I was looking, he smiled at me. He dismissed them and walled into the house. I heard his footsteps and turned around, leaning to the balcony railing. He walked into the room and smiled when he saw me.

"We're going to have lunch in ten minutes. Do you want to freshen up, or do you want me to tour you around?"

"A tour, please." He put his hand in front of me, and I took it. He held my hand tightly and led me out of the mansion.

"How did you buy this?" I asked as we walked along the beach.

"I didn't."

"You didn't? So how did you get it?"

"I gambled."

"What did you gamble?" I turned to him in disbelief.

"My friends." He said it casually, like he gambled ten dollars.

"Your friends' life? Did they know?"

"Yes. I gambled in front of them." He let out a chuckle as he stopped at a small deck. There are two jetski's waiting for us.

"How did they react to that?"

"They're pissed, but they know I won't risk their lives like an idiot." I shook my head, and he gestured for me to get on the jet ski. I got on, and he showed me how to turn it on. He got onto the jetski beside me.

"Let's go." He started his jetski and drove away. I quickly followed him, and he teased me by splashing some water.

"Hey!"

"Come on, little chaos. Race you to the other deck!" With that, he sped up; I quickly caught up and drove my jetski ride beside him, trying to keep up with the speed. He splashed more water on me, making me stop to wipe the water from my eyes. I raced him and splashed water on him.

"Hey!"

"Asshole!" I sped up and found the other deck. I quickly drove there, but Asher caught up with me quickly. We both glared at each other as we both arrived at the deck almost at the same time.

"You lose!" I said as I jumped off the jetski to the deck. Asher shook his head and picked me up on his shoulder.

"You lost, Ana." He smacked my ass.

"Put me down!" I smacked his back, and he put me down slowly. Asher crashed his lips to mine, and I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly.

"Look to your left." He said, and I turned to see sharks. I held on to Asher tightly, blinking my eyes a few times to see if I was dreaming.

Asher has a big pool with so many sharks inside. He used logs to separate. About thirty to forty sharks are swimming around in the water. I freaked out a little when I saw them swimming together.

"Shark hatchery."

"You breed sharks?"

"Yes." I walked closer to see them.

"You feed them with all the dead bodies that you have?"

"How do you know?" My jaw dropped.

"Are you seriously breeding them to do your dirty job?" I raised my eyebrows. He chuckled and gave me a peck on my cheek.

"I'm kidding." He held my hand and pulled me away from the hatchery.

"Are you here to kill me?" I asked.

"No."

"I don't trust you."

"You need to learn to trust me, Ana. I'm the only one who can save you."

"No. I can save myself. I don't need you to fucking save me." I hissed, and he kissed me. He slipped his hands into my shirt, holding my waist tightly.

"You need to learn that you need me from now on, baby."

"Dream on, loser." I pushed him away, and he chuckled. I ran towards the house and found Brooke waiting for me.

"Your lunch is ready, Ms.Creed."

"Thank you." I smiled, and Asher stood beside me.

"Call Dalli for us, and we'll swim with the sharks after this."

"No!"

"We are, baby."

"I'm tired."

"You can go, Brooke." Asher gestured for me to go. I turned to him and shook my head.

"I don't want to swim with the sharks."

"They're very nice."

"No."

"You can't swim?" He asked in a mocking tone.

"I can."

"Then it's done. Let's go eat lunch.." He dragged me inside, and sure enough, his staff prepared a feast.

"What are we celebrating? My death?" I asked sarcastically as I grabbed a glass of orange juice.

"If you want to..."

"Asher!" He smiled and chuckled.

"I just love it when you call my name." I glared at him as I finished orange juice. Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind. I put my empty glass down and walked over to him. He sat on the chair, wondering what I do to him.

"Asher..." I sat on his lap and kissed him on his cheek.

"Yes, Ana?"

"Instead of swimming with the sharks, can we do other things?"

"Hmmm..." He shook his head.

"Another good exercise..."

"Like what?"

"Like a cardio in bed."

"No." I tsked and tried to get up from his lap, but he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Let me go!"

"We can do cardio after we swim with sharks."

"I fucking hate you!"