Chapter 27 - HER

Anastasia Creed

After we got into an argument, we didn't talk. We both just glared and silently wanted to kill each other. I asked Brooke if we would still see my parents or not, and he gave me a nod. I sat far away from Asher on the plane, or else there would be blood splatter all over the place.

I fell asleep right after I put my seatbelt on. I don't think I'm ready to see my parents. They've always been mean and treated me poorly, so the thought of going back to see them scares me.

I don't know why Asher is taking me there, knowing that they already suffer from trying to get the twins' donor. I don't know what he has in mind for them.

After six hours, we landed in Virginia.

The plane stopped, and I took off the seatbelt. Asher walked over to me and sat in front of me.

"We're going to see the twins first." His statement made me raise my eyebrows.

"Did you kidnap them?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Why are we here, Asher? Why are you taking me here? I don't think I want to see my parents..." I dug my nails into the pillow and looked out the window.

"I told you... your enemy is my enemy. We're going to torture them, and if you want to kill them, feel free to do so. You're going to get away with it." I closed my eyes for a few seconds and took a deep breath.

"I don't think I'm ready."

"You're ready, Ana."

"I'M NOT!" I turned to him and screamed.

"Do you want me to end them?" He asked.

"I want them to suffer. They need to suffer, and death will be too easy." I said truthfully, and I ran my hands through my hair, frustrated, stressed, and scared.

Not only do I have mixed emotions about Asher, but I'm also stressed and scared to face the people who raised me. I was overwhelmed and suddenly missed my brother. He always got my back.

"Why are you doing this? I'm confused!"

Asher Serano

The only way to use a weapon is to unleash its total capacity. Ana is bait and a weapon to me. If I want to use her and control her, I need to see how far she's willing to go.

When I first laid my eyes on Anastasia, I knew she was a walking ticking bomb. She wanted revenge, justice, and peace for herself. It's easy for me to unleash the monster inside of her.

Step one, tell her that her brother is dead.
She changed drastically after I told her that. She might not realize it, but she's up for more blood than before. She became more ruthless and more hungry to take souls.

Step two, remind her of her childhood trauma.
I want to trigger her with her trauma because it'll rile up her even more and turn her into the deadliest machine. She hates her parents and the twins. By provoking her into seeing them and killing them, it'll make her the perfect killing machine.

There's no denying that Ana has the skill to kill people. She's good at reading other people's next moves in combat but bad at trying to figure out their pattern of behavior.

But something has been stopping me lately...

I don't know why, but lately...

I've been pushing everything that related to her. Ares noticed it, and Clyde mentioned it yesterday before we flew off. I didn't see it until my friends told me.

One, I've been pushing the date to see her parents. I noticed she wasn't ready at first, so I tried it. Two, I found Morganna's location last week but didn't even bother to tell her or make a move to kill her. Third, I got Morganna's location again yesterday, yet I'm not chasing after that evil woman. Fourth, I'm considering returning to Seattle after seeing that Ana's scared to see her parents.

There are many things that I pushed back or avoided so that Ana wouldn't suffer. I've repeatedly told myself that she's just bait, a weapon, and someone that I'll throw away when everything is over. I've said to myself that Ana is just another woman that I use.

She always said that she wanted to be happy or she wanted to end her life after she killed Morganna. Her words gave me sleepless nights. I imagined thousands of scenarios of what would happen to her after we finished Morganna.

I was not too fond of it when I imagined her moving away, finding a man, falling in love, getting married, and having kids. I will kill them, the man and the kids, for existing. I think I'll kill the man right after their first date, no, correction, I'll kill him directly after they talk to each other.

I also hated when I imagined her committing suicide. I'll make a deal with the devil just to bring her back to life and beat the shit out of her for stupidly killing herself.

I also hated when I imagined her leaving me. If she wants safety and stability, she has to stay because she'll only be able to get that from me.

"You're an assassin now. You can kill them. Why are you so scared?" I asked, and Anastasia looked like she was going to kill me at any second.

"Do you want to go back to Seattle?" I found myself giving up on pushing her again.

"I want to go back." We both stared at each other, and I nodded. I turned to Brooke and gestured to him to tell the pilot we were returning to Seattle.

Two things that I hate the most about Anastasia are that...

The first one is...

When she wants something from me, I let her win. I considered her feelings when I never think about other people's feelings. Not only do I consider her feelings, but I understand her just by looking into her eyes. I could read it loud and clear.

The second thing is...
I hate myself that I can't blame her for anything. I hate her the most for making me blame others for what happened to her.

I'm fucked.

I'm so fucking fucked.

Fuck Anastasia.