Chapter 16 - READY

Anastasia Creed

Asher is ignoring me.

He has been ignoring me all day and didn't even bother to take me home. It was late, and I had to make a lot of excuses for my parents. I made my way to Asher, who was busy looking at the 3D projector in front of him.

"Can you please take me home?" I asked, and he proceeded to walk away, grabbing his tablet.

"Asher," I called him.

"Please..." I begged.

"I'm sorry." Asher's eyes landed on me.

"I'm sorry for pissing you off," I added, and he raised his eyebrows.

"And for touching Ares." He narrowed his eyebrows.

"For defying you." I let out a sigh.

"That took you thirteen hours to admit that you're wrong." He looked at his watch.

"Can you take me home now?" I asked, and he put his tablet down, grabbed my hand, and led me out.

"I want to show you something."

"Can you take me home after that?" I asked.

"Yeah." He took me to B2, where all the weapons were. I looked around, trying to remember everything. Asher led me into a room full of knives. I gasped, seeing the whole room because this is a torture room.

I trailed all the knives as I scanned the whole room.

"Tomorrow, I'm going to pick you up after school." I turned to him.

"For what?"

"You're coming with me to Mexico, so pick your weapons." He said, and I turned my attention to the knives before me.

"I want guns."

"You'll get one."

"One?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"I'm an assassin. I need more than one gun."

"You'll be my assassin, Ana." I raised my eyebrows.

"Then you know that I need more than one gun." I pointed it out, and he looked at me blankly. I grabbed two medium-sized knives and turned to him.

"What's the mission?"

"There's a man called Juan, and he used to be one of our right-hand men for drug distribution in Mexico, but he betrayed us. He decided to steal a ton worth of cocaine and sold it to the Russian Mafia instead."

"You want me to kill him?"

"You're going to torture him for me and kill his new cartel and some of the Russian mafia who came to Mexico to grab two hundred kilos worth of meth." He stood before me and grabbed my chin, making me look at him.

"You're going to protect me and be my assassin for the day." He smirked, and I pushed him.

"Take me home." I walked past him, but he caught my arm, pushing me back to face him.

"After Mexico, we're going to meet your biological parents." My eyes widened, and my heart started to beat faster.

"I want you to kill them. Along with the twins, who's going to die anyway in a few months." What?

"They couldn't find a donor that matched since you claimed to be dead and your brother passed away, so they're not able to find a quick donor for their kidneys and pancreas. They kidnapped a couple of people, but none of them match with the twins." I can't believe it.

I knew that my biological parents did some bad things to make sure that the twins stayed alive and well, but I never knew they would go to the extent of kidnapping people. They love the twins so much that they will do anything to save their lives. The twins grew up pretty quickly, and they started to show some signs that they were not doing well.

When they told me that me and my brother would become donors to the twins, we were terrified. They started to treat us differently and brought us to the hospital to check if we were a match with the twins.

To our surprise, we're a perfect match.

My biological parents immediately told the doctors to take all of our organs so the twins could get a replacement right away. They wanted the twins to live a healthy life and not be in pain anymore.

The doctors were paid almost a million dollars to kill me and my brother. That's when we decided to run away.

"Why did you spare their lives?" Asher asked curiously.

"Take me home."

"Answer the question, Ana." I let out a long sigh before looking straight at him.

"I wanted to see how long the twins will live, and I want to see my parents' face when the twins died."

"You'll kill them after that?" I shook my head.

"I want to see them miserable after the twins dead. I want to show up and maybe kill them if I'm in the mood."

"Well... the twins will die in three months, so you might as well kill them in front of your parents." I looked down at the two knives that I had taken earlier.

"I want to torture them," I said and slowly looked up to Asher, who was already looking at me with an expression that I couldn't read.

"Torture? What kind of torture?"

"I'm going to give the blueprint to you, and you're going to help me."

"Okay."

"Take me home." With that, I walked out of the room. Asher followed me and led me to the next room. He grabbed a bulletproof vest and a black combat suit.

"I don't need this."

"You're going to wear it tomorrow, or else I'm going to strip you naked and put it on you." He threatened.

"I have my combat suit," I said as I pushed it away.

"Brooke will pick you up tomorrow after school and drop you at the airport."

"How about you?"

"I'm going first tonight. Take this..." He pushed the bulletproof vest and the combat suit to me. I took it and pointed at my wrist, gesturing to him the time. He smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"I'll take you home." Asher led me to his car and threw the car key at me.

"You want me to drive?"

"Yeah. I heard that you're a good driver." He got into the passenger seat, and I squealed. I got into the car and adjusted the car seat, preparing myself to go on the road.

"Are you ready?"

"Ready, my little chaos."