Chapter 11 - VISIT

Anastasia Creed

"Here you go." Asher gave me a slice of pepperoni pizza.

"Thanks."

"Can you hold this for me?" He gave me his slice of pizza, and I held it for him. He took off his leather jacket and wrapped it around my body.

"Thanks." He grabbed his pizza and sat beside me. I took a bite, and my eyes widened. It's so good. I turned to Asher, and he was already smiling at me.

"How is it?"

"It's good." I took another bite, and Asher tried it.

"Wow. This is surprisingly good." He pointed at his cheese pizza, "Wanna try mine?" He asked, and I nodded. He put the pizza in front of me, and I took a bite.

"That's better than mine." I pouted, and he suddenly switched it.

"Asher, I—"

"Eat up."

"Thanks." We ate silently, and I looked up to the sky, which surprisingly had stars everywhere. It's been so long since I saw a beautiful sky like this.

"I'm pretty sure Red Dog has a lot of assassins. Why did you pick me?" I turned to Asher as he drank his water.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"You took my attention, and I can't stop thinking about you ever since." He turned to me and smiled. I was taken aback by how my heart beat so fast. It's new to me. I've been an assassin and a runaway all my life. So, having someone to talk to felt weird to me.

"My goal was to find my brother. I agreed to be adopted by the Creeds to find him." I let out a sigh.

"Sadly, he passed away. All we can do now is revenge."

"Are you recruiting me to be your weapon?"

"No. I have people who are more skilled than you, so no." I rolled my eyes, and he chuckled.

"You're a good assassin, Ana, but you need more training." I put my pizza down and grabbed his water bottle, drinking it.

"I just want that witch to be dead."

"Only that? Let's rule the world together."

"No."

"What are you going to do after that?" He asked curiously.

"Commit suicide." I looked up to the sky and closed my eyes.

I've been battling depression all my life, and I ran away from Red Dog to find my brother, who sadly had already passed away. The only thing that I wanted to do was to catch that witch and kill her. That way, I can be with my brother in peace.

"I want you to help me find her within this year, and in return, I'll be your assassin." I turned to Asher, and he looked at me blankly.

"I'll join you if you agree," I added.

"What did she do to you?" Asher asked.

"I don't want to talk about it. I spend years trying to forget it."

"Very well. You have my word." Asher stood up and grabbed my arm, pulling me to stand up. He gave me his pinky, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Do you usually do this?" I asked as I took it.

"No. Only with you."

Asher Serano

"How did it go?" Mason asked as I walked into the headquarters.

"What did you say to her?" Ares asked, and they both looked drunk.

"She agreed," I said as I sat down in front of the computer to check and get some work done.

"She did?" Ares walked towards me.

"Yeah."

"So she's going to be our assassin now?" Mason asked, and I turned to him, nodding.

"She'll come here tomorrow. I'll introduce her to you guys." Ares giggled all of a sudden.

"I can't believe you're falling in love, Serano. It doesn't suit you."

"I'm using her, Young. I don't do shit like love, fucking ridiculous. She'll leave us after we find and kill that witch."

"Are you sure you can trust her? She's an outsider." Kayden asked as he walked out of the weapon room.

"Yes. If she decides to betray us, I will kill her."

"You better, or I will kill her myself." Kayden hissed, not liking that I was taking Ana with me. I decided to go to my office, where I have some files on Ana. When I saw her background and how she became an assassin, something within me moved.

It's like I was given a responsibility.

Someone knocked on my door, and it was Mason. He closed the door and sat on the chair across mine.

"Asher, we're currently on our way to the top. I don't think having Anastasia around is a good idea." He said as he ran his hands through his hair.

"She can kill us, and besides, are you blinded by love or something?" I glared at him.

"You know my heart died years ago. Do you think I have time to think about love? She will be my weapon and a bait. You know how people feel about Red Dog's assassin, right? She's one of them, and she will be easy bait to draw attention to our targets."

"You know we're capable of doing that without her." Mason hated the idea.

"She's going to commit suicide once I catch the witch for her. She'll kill her and then kill herself after that." I hissed, and Mason tilted his head, looking at me weirdly.

"Until then, you better kill her, or I'll kill her myself." With that, he got up and walked out.

I was busy looking at some files when my phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket and found a message from Anastasia.

Anastasia: Thank you for today.
Anastasia: And for the birthday gifts too.
Asher: You're welcome.
Asher: Any dinner plans tonight?
Anastasia: I have dinner plans with my parents.
Anastasia: Why?
Asher: I'm picking you up tomorrow morning.
Anastasia: I have school.
Asher: I'm dropping you, baby.
Anastasia: No thanks.
Asher: Not taking no for an answer.
Anastasia: No.

I decided to call her, and she picked up right away.

"Didn't you tell me that you're sleepy?" I asked.

"I just showered. I got blood all over my body." She hissed, and I chuckled.

"Are you going to sleep or not? I plan to visit you if you don't want to sleep."

"Asshole." She ended the call.