Chapter 34 - SOMEWHERE

Anastasia Creed

I walked into the headquarters and threw the car key to Brooke. I stopped my tracks when I heard a loud commotion from upstairs. Ares got out of the cafeteria and ran up to the second floor.

"What the fuck, Asher!" Ares screamed, and I walked upstairs to see Asher beating Mason up. He was pissed, and when he saw me, he stopped, and Ares pushed Asher away.

"What happened?" I asked as I walked towards Mason. Ares helped him get up, and Mason looked like he wanted to beat Asher.

"Didn't I tell you to not fuck this contract up, Calland?! You're fucking useless! Not only you made Rector withdraw the contract, you also fucked his daughters. You're a fucking idiot!" Asher was pissed, and I stood in front of Mason, glaring at him.

"Last time I checked, you're the one who was supposed to fly to Miami and close the deal yourself." Asher walked to me.

"You're the one who decided to meet up with A and believed all the fucked up stories that he said!" Before Asher could grab my neck and choke me to death, Mason grabbed my hand, dragging me away.

Mason brought me to the meeting room and locked the door, looking at me like I had grown another head.

"What?"

"You met up with A?" He asked in a disbelief tone.

"Are you aware that my brother is alive?" His jaw dropped, and I let out a scoff. "So you knew..."

"I mean... isn't Dean can't remember shit?" I face-palmed myself as I took a seat.

"I know he doesn't remember me, but still, he's my brother. And why did you fuck up the meeting?" I asked, and Mason sighed before throwing his body to the sofa.

"Asher is pissing me off these days. He's been lacking, and everyone knew it. He's supposed to fly to Miami, and I'm supposed to be in London today. I have some shit that I need to take care of." He cursed under his breath, and I looked blankly to the floor. My brain cells got tangled because I'm still processing everything A said two days ago.

"Honestly... he's too obsessed with you. He called me and told me to wrap up the contract—"

"I want to leave." I cut him.

"What do you mean?"

"I want to join the Ravens." Mason raised his eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure you know that Asher will never let you. The last time I checked, he had a team for you. You can't run away."

"I want him to hate me. You need to help me find another woman." I said it bluntly, and Mason scoffed.

"Do I need to remind you that you're obsessed with him? You killed that woman who flirted with Asher in a bar last year. Not only killed her but also dismembered her into hundreds of pieces." Suddenly, an idea popped up in my mind.

"How about we pretend to date each other?" I asked, and Mason rolled his eyes.

"He'll kill me."

"He can't kill you. You all had a deal that you can't kill each other." I reminded him, and he let out a small laugh.

"But he will kill me if I date you, Ana. I'm not going to risk my fucking life."

"We should get engaged." I smiled sweetly at him.

"No."

"Why not?"

"No. You're not my type."

"I'm good in bed, Calland."

"Yeah. I don't fuck my best friend's girl."

"I'm not his girl."

"You are." He got up from the sofa and made his way to the door.

"I heard you've been aiming for Quinn's share recently." He stopped his tracks and slowly turned to me. "It's always been your goal. Amber Quinn happens to be my dad's friend, and I'm pretty sure that you're aware of it." I got up and walked towards him.

"What do you have in mind?" I smirked when he asked.

"I want us to get engaged and pissed Asher off. I will give you Quinn's share and some other deals." He narrowed his eyes on me, completely doubting my words.

"I'm pretty sure you want to teach him a lesson; besides, he will never kill you. I will make sure of it."

"No."

"No?"

"Are you sure?" He looked like he was contemplating his life choices.

"Yeah." With that, he left the room.

I walked out of the meeting room and found Asher waiting for me. He crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking at me with anger in his eyes.

"What?" I walked past him, and he followed me.

"Starting today, you're going to follow me everywhere I go. You're moving into my penthouse tonight, and I—" I cut him by punching him so hard that he stumbled a few steps backward.

"I'm going to New York tomorrow, and you'll let me go. I'm done with the Bloodhounds. You're a fucking asshole." I screamed at him, ignoring the fact that everyone could hear me. I walked away, and before I could reach the elevator, I was shot with something that made my legs go weak instantly. Before I could protest, my head spun, and everything went dark.

Asher Serano

I picked Ana up on my shoulder and entered the elevator downstairs. Brooke was surprised to see me carrying Ana, who was utterly knocked out by the sedative that I prepared for her.

I know her too well, and I predicted that this day would come.

"Pack all her stuff and bring it to my penthouse. She's moving in with me. I will lock her there now, so I want you to prepare Cass and his team to guard Ana. Also, I want you to prevent her from going out of the country, so make sure the tracking team is on alert."

"Very well, sir. Anything else?" Brooke opened the car door for me, and I put Ana inside.

"You can go take care of her stuff. I will take her somewhere, and we will be back around midnight." He nodded.

"I will take care of everything, and it will be ready once you're back, sir."