Chapter 15 - ACTING

Anastasia Creed

"Good morning, Ana." Asher opened the car door for me, gesturing me to go inside. I looked at him suspiciously and took a few steps back. I crossed my arms in front of my chest, tilting my head to the side.

"What?"

"You look suspicious." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What? I'm taking you to school."

"I don't believe you." I raised my eyebrows, demanding him to tell me where the hell are we going. Asher closed the door and chuckled.

"Fine. I'm going to take you to meet my friends."

"No."

"You need to stop saying no." He warned me by pointing his finger at me.

"No." I turned around and walked towards the house, but Asher caught my arm and picked me up on his shoulder. He opened the car door and threw me inside. He made sure that I wouldn't be able to open the door from the inside.

I quickly got into his side of the car and locked it from the inside. Without warning, he punched the car window in full power, making it shatter.

"What the hell?!" I screamed at him.

"This is why you should stop testing me." He opened the car and casually sat on the shattered glasses. I looked at him in disbelief. He put my seatbelt on and kissed me on the cheek.

"You're a fucking psycho."

"And you're the fucking psycho's girl."

"I'm not!" He shrugged and drove out of the mansion. I closed my eyes and thought about how insane this man was. I can't believe that I'm agreeing to join his team.

"What's your plan next year?" He asked, completely out of the blue.

"I've got no plans."

"You won't go to college?"

"Haven't think about it yet..."

"You should go."

"Yes, Dad." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not your dad."

"You're acting like one." He stepped on the gas and started to speed up. I closed my eyes and sighed, knowing that I pissed him off.

After twenty minutes, he slowed down, and I opened my eyes as he drove his car to a basement. I was greeted by ten guards in combat suits with snipers and two men in suits.

"Get out," Asher said in a cold tone.

"What happened?" One of the men asked him.

"Just take care of it." Asher walked into the building first, and I got out of the car. I saw that I had some scratches from the shattered glass.

"Ms.Creed, welcome to The Bloodhounds' headquarters. I'm Brooke." Brooke smiled, and I gave him a nod. He grabbed my bag, and I gave it to him. He gestured for me to follow him inside. I quickly tailed him.

As soon as I walked into the headquarters, my jaw dropped. I've never seen an office like this. On the first floor, twenty people are working on weapons and technology. Asher talked to one of his employees before going to the meeting room.

I was so amazed by everything that I kept stopping to join Asher.

"Ms.Creed," Brooke called, and I quickly jogged towards him. He opened the door to the meeting room and saw four men looking at me. I recognized Ares but didn't know the other three. I identified two of them because he barged into Asher's apartment when I was there.

"Get in." Asher hissed, and I walked in. Brooke closed the door behind me, and I walked towards Asher.

"Introduce yourself." He said.

"Anastasia Creed. I'm eighteen years old, and nice to meet you all." Ares smiled and waved at me.

"Hi." I smiled back, and Asher suddenly slammed the table. I turned to him, confused because he suddenly turned into a moody man.

"Are you on your period?" I snapped, and the four men laughed instantly. "You're fine, back in the car."

"I'm Mason, by the way." I turned my head to him, and Mason got up, putting his hand in front of me. I took it and smiled, "Nice to meet you, Mason."

"I'm Clyde." I turned to Clyde and shook his hand.

"I'm Kayden." Kayden pushed Clyde and grabbed my hand, shaking it. Ares walked towards me and put his arm around my shoulder, "You know me already. I'm the most hands—" Asher pushed Ares' arm away and pulled me closer to him.

"If you touch her again, I'll kill you." He warned Ares, and I pushed Asher away. I linked my arm around Ares'.

"Do you mind giving me a tour?" I winked.

"Sure," Ares answered, "I can give you more than a to—" Before we could take a step, Asher grabbed Ares and punched him so hard that Ares kissed the floor.

"Asher!" I screamed at him, and he stepped back, "What the hell is your problem?!" Clyde helped Ares to get up, and everyone decided to leave. I put my hands on my waist, raising my eyebrows, demanding for him to explain.

"Care to explain?"

"I don't like it."

"Don't like what?"

"Him touching you." He said, and I let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"I'm not yours. Just because we had sex one time doesn't mean that you own me." I underestimated him because he pinned me to the wall with his hand wrapped around my neck. He started to strangle me as I clawed his hand with my nails.

"Asher!" He wanted to cut my airways.

"From the moment you agreed to work with me, you're mine to ruin, Ana. Mess with me again, and I'll show you my worst." He warned, but I stared straight into his eyes, ignoring the fact that I didn't have any air left in my lungs.

"You better follow my rules if you want to stay alive, Ana. Don't defy me again. I'll make you regret it." He let me go, and I fell onto the floor, coughing so hard to get some air into my lungs.

"I hate you!" I hissed, and he walked out of the room. I got up, grabbed a water bottle from the table, and drank it like crazy. I saw Ares sitting on the chair with an ice pack on his cheek.

"I'm sorry," I said, and he smiled, nodding. When I saw blood coming out from his nose, I quickly grabbed a tissue and gave it to him.

"I'm sorry."

"It's all good, Ana." He assured me.

"Is he always acting like a girl on a period?"

"No. This is my first time seeing him like this..."