Chapter 9 - STALKING

Anastasia Creed

"What do you want for your birthday present, Ana?" Dad asked, and I shook my head.

"I don't have anything in mind."

"Do you want your car? Or maybe a diamond necklace?" Mom asked, and I smiled, "You don't need to give me anything. You both gave me a lot already."

"But it's your 18th birthday." Mom protested.

"Let's just have dinner together." I looked at them both back to back.

"Very well. We will arrange a dinner for tomorrow."

After I was done with breakfast, I went straight to school and found myself getting bored with the life I have now. I miss the adrenaline and the blood.

"Ana, for you." I turned to the girl beside me, confused. She put a black envelope in front of me, and I took it.

"Who gave it—" Before I could ask, she ran away. I opened the envelope and took out the card.

I'm going to pick you up at midnight, my little chaos.
Wear something comfortable.
- A.S

I should have known that he would get me on my birthday.

Tonight will be one hell of a night.

Asher Serano

I smiled, seeing her reacting and reading the card. I've been waiting for her birthday since I let her live her life for a few months.

After checking on her, I returned to our underground headquarters because I had some work to do. As soon as I got there, Ares threw me my tablet.

"Where were you?" He asked, pissed.

"Checking on something."

"Something?" He turned to me, raising his eyebrows.

"Get back to work, Young." I walked past him.

"You've been stalking her every day, Asher. You look like a love-sick puppy." He tailed me, and I ignored his statement by entering the computer room. I connected my tablet with it and started to see the red dots on the screen.

"Focus, Young!" I pointed at the screen.

"How many people are we sending today?" Kayden opened the door, and I turned to him.

"Five for now. We need to prepare some backups."

"How many backups do you have in mind?" He walked in and looked at all the red dots.

"Five won't be enough. We need at least ten people for this."

"Seven because you and I will go," I told him, and Kayden face palmed himself.

"Why are we going?" He sighed, "Bring Ares with you." I turned to Ares, and he looked away, avoiding my eyes.

"I'll take Mason and Clyde then," I said, and they both smiled.

"But you two will handle Corso alone." Ares and Kayden wanted to protest, but I gestured for them to shut up.

"We're going to a new bar two blocks away later at night, and you're going to join us," Kayden said, and I shook my head as I kept my eyes on the screen, looking for any movements.

"Why not?"

"I'm going to celebrate my little chaos' birthday."

"Huh?" Kayden asked, confused.

"Ana."

"Anastasia? You're going to celebrate her birthday?" I turned to Kayden and gestured for him to take over.

"She's going to join us."

"We're not accepting any new members, Asher. Just because you're the—"

"She's going to be our assassin." Ares shook his head and walked out.

"I think it's a bad idea." Kayden said as he sat down in front of all the computers, "She'll kill you."

"She won't."

"You're risking your life by recruiting her. We don't know anything about her except the fact that she was adopted by the Creed and the fact that she was an assassin."

"She won't." Kayden sighed and chose not to talk to me again about Ana. I walked out and called Mason and Clyde to join me. We all geared up with our bulletproof vest, and I put my black hoodie on top.

"I'm confused." Mason looked at me as he wore his bulletproof vest.

"Ares and Kayden will take care of Corso. After this, you can go home." I said, and Mason nodded. Clyde joined us, and I got onto my bike, put on my helmet, and was ready to go.

We're going to steal some drugs and kill some people. I already have the police on our side so they won't interrupt us during the heist. It's been a few years since The Bloodhound was formed.

I can only say working as a team is better than working alone. You have more control over the situation and have more problem-solving skills.

My phone rang right before we left the headquarters, and it was Mindy.

"What do you want?"

"Can I borrow ten grand from you?" I rolled my eyes, hearing it.

"No."

"Asher, please..."

"No, Mindy. If you dare to call me again, I'll send your husband's corpse the next day." Mindy is my half-sister, and she's been bothering me since last year. She asked me for money because my mom kept gambling everything until there was nothing left. I gave Mindy five hundred grand and made her swear that she would never tell Mom or give it to her, but she gave her some.

She stole everything, and Mindy has been trying to reach out again.

"Let's go." Mason patted my shoulder, and I nodded. I drove out first and led the team to the first spot. We parked right at the back and got into their underground club.

"Brooke, you better hack it right, or I'm going to kill you," I warned Brooke, my assistant, or you can say right-hand man, through my earpiece.

"Yes, sir." I walked in and looked straight at the CCTV.

"This is going to be a fun morning." I kicked the door open and shot some people. Mason and Clyde were behind me, and my other five hitmen followed. I threw the magnet device to their computer set.

"Do it now, B," I told him as I kept shooting at people. Mason grabbed the first bag of drugs.

"This is a playground shit," Clyde said.

"Three minutes," Brooke said.

"Make it two."

"Roger that."

"Dug!" Clyde said, and I dug as he shot some people behind me.

"Today will be a good day."