Chapter 3 - YOU

Anastasia Creed

Ever since the Creeds adopted me, I was constantly in the spotlight. Everyone told my parents how beautiful I was and how I acted like a princess. I was not too fond of it. I hate going to events and parties and putting myself out there.

I tried so hard not to get people's attention on me.

Today, my parents brought me to a charity ball called The Blue Ribbon Ball. It's a charity for children with chronic illnesses. The theme for this ball was black, white, and blue.

Tonight, I'm wearing a beautiful off-shoulder white satin dress. My long brunette hair was curled, and the left side was braided. As for the make-up, I requested to be light so I wouldn't take too much attention from people.

Today's mission is to blend in and not talk too much to people.

I was introduced to a lot of people, especially people my age. Some boys immediately interested me, and when they asked me if I wanted to dance, I rejected them. After feeling so overwhelmed, I excused myself to go to the toilet.

I need a moment to breathe.

"Aren't you the famous Anastasia Creed?" I turned to the guy who just got out of the toilet. He raised his eyebrows, waiting for me to answer his question.

"Yes."

"Ares Young." He put his hand out, and I took it.

"Nice to meet you," I said, and he nodded.

"I'll see you around." With that, he left. I turned to see him walking away and disappearing into the crowd. I continued to make my way to the toilet.

I washed my hands and looked at myself in the mirror. I wanted to go home, and I never thought living as a millionaire's daughter would be this tiring. I never wanted to be around people, especially when I have to fake a smile every time I meet new people.

I made out of the bathroom and walked back into the ballroom. My eyes started to observe some people within the crowd. I saw an old man checking someone's ass, and then I saw a young teenager stealing some champagne glass and drinking it like it was water. I also saw an old lady talking to her friends, catching up with gossip.

As if I could feel someone staring at me, my eyes landed on a guy holding a glass of wine. He's standing on my two o'clock, sinfully gorgeous. I think he's about six foot four, jet black hair, fair skin, and beautiful dark blue-gray eyes. His eyes were set on me as if he'd discovered something interesting.

He was standing with Ares, the guy I bumped into earlier. Ares followed his gaze, and he waved at me. Ares gestured for me to join him, but instead of going toward their direction, I went in the opposite direction.

I tried to find my parents, but they were hard to find. Especially when they turned off most of the lights, leaving most on the dance floor. I stood on the sidelines, looking at all the dancing people on the dance floors.

"Anastasia Creed." I got goosebumps when I heard someone saying my name behind me. His voice was low, luring, and annoyingly, making me want to turn around. I'm not the type who gets fooled easily.

"Did your adopted parents know about your background?" My head snapped to him. He's the guy who was standing with Ares earlier, and his eyes were glued to the people dancing on the dance floor.

"What background?"

"Dance with me." He shifted his attention to me and put his hand before me. I looked at him suspiciously, but I found myself giving my hand to him. When his hand wrapped around mine, there was a weird, electrifying feeling.

He felt it. We both did.

He led me to the dance floor and put his free hand on my waist. His touch was burning my skin, sending hot shivers throughout my body. We both looked at each other, fighting who was more dominant between us. I tried my best not to look away.

He looked so intimidating and captivating at the same time. He should go to jail for looking like this.

"You're very beautiful." He said, spinning me around so my back met his firm chest. I gulped nervously because this was my first time being with a guy in this setting. My eyes shifted to the crowd for a split second.

People were watching, looking at us, wondering.

"Tell me what you know." He turned my body around and closed the gap between us. He forced me to look up to him, and his eyes looked straight into mine.

"You have two different colored eyes. Why are you hiding those beautiful eyes, Ana?" No. How can he...

I pushed him away, slapped him right across his face, and stomped on his foot with my high heels. I ran away from him and tried to find a mirror nearby to see if I had forgotten my contact lenses.

When I found one, I put my face close to the mirror to see if I stupidly forgot to put my brown lenses over my blue ones. I didn't forget, I had it on. But how did that guy know I have blue eyes underneath one brown contact lens? I tried to see if I could find a shade of blue or a hint that I had blue eyes.

My hands turned into fists.

No one should know about my eyes. No one should know about my identity before I got adopted by the Creed family.

I could feel the hair behind my back get up, and my eyes looked straight at the person behind me through the reflection. He had his hands in his pocket, looking at me with fascination. He looked like a monster from where I stood.

A monster who was ready to swallow me alive. A beast who was willing to unlock all of my hidden secrets.

My gut feeling told me to run. My gut feeling told me to walk away and never look back.

Instead of listening, I turned my body around to face the devil himself. He took a step closer to me, giving me space, but I could also feel that he was making a statement that he was the one in charge of this situation.

He's showing me his dominance.

"What do you want?"

"You. I want... you."