Chapter 6 - GAME

Anastasia Creed

My brother is dead.

Last time, I saw him was when he dropped me in front of Red Dog's door. We were running away from the monsters who was chasing after us and that was six years ago.

"Get into the shower." I closed my eyes for a second and opened it. I didn't even realize that Asher already brought me to his apartment.

"Stop ordering me around..." I hissed as I walked into the bathroom. I closed the door and stripped all of my clothes. I jumped into the shower and turned on the cold water.

I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. I turned the hot water, letting it burn my body.

My whole body went numb. My heart was beating fast, my head was spinning and my lungs were blocking air from going in and out. I was suffocating.

"Shit!" The water stopped and Asher pulled me out. He wrapped a big towel around my body and brought me out. He sat me on the edge of the bed and gave me a glass of water.

I drank it slowly, before looking up at him.

"You scared the shit out of me." He hissed and I sighed. He touched my back and I flinched. He walked out of the room and I ran my hands through my hair.

I got up and walked to his closet, grabbing one of his hoodie. I slipped into it and my back was burning so bad. I didn't even feel it when I was in the shower.

"What are you doing? Your back is burning and-"

"I'll be fine."

"I called some doctors and they're already on their way here." I ignored him and grabbed my things. He grabbed my bag and threw it to the side. He dragged me out and sat me on a chair.

"You're so bossy, do you know that?" He ignored me and managed to get something from the drawer under the TV.

"Lift up the hoodie." He ordered as he opened the lid to a small tube of lotion.

"What is that?"

"Lift up the hoodie, Ana." He ordered again and I lifted it up slowly. He put the cold gel on and I closed my eyes, feeling the burn on my skin.

"How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"About my brother."

"Asked Red Dog about it and we traced him." He sat down on the table in front of me. I put the hoodie down and grabbed the gel from him. It's an aloe vera gel.

"When did you last saw him?"

"6 years ago."

"So you're an orphan?" I tilted my head because of his question. He doesn't know about my past, Red Dog did a good job at making it disappear.

Suddenly the door bell rang and Asher got up to open the door, revealing two female doctors. Asher let them in and told them about my condition. Asher ordered me to lift the hoodie again and the doctor quickly treated it.

"I can't believe that you can't feel the hot water burning your back. You're fucking insane." He hissed and I rolled my eyes, ignoring his statement. The two doctors then gave me cold gel and a medicine for me to drink, after that Asher kicked them out.

"I want to go home." I said as I stood up.

Out of nowhere, the door busted open. Two men showed up and their eyes widen when they saw me.

"What are you two doing here?" Asher asked as he stood in front of me.

"We have some business ideas to tell you. We didn't know that you're busy." One of them said.

"Aren't you going to introduce us the beautiful lady?" The other one said.

"If you don't want to die, leave." Asher's tone was firm.

"But..."

"Just go." He ordered and they closed the door. I took a peak and they already left.

"Why did you kick them out? They're your fri-"

"You're only wearing a hoodie." I looked at him dumbfounded. He looked down and I let out a cough.

"How old are you?" I asked curiously and he turned his body to me.

"Why are you asking that?"

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-two." It's hard to believe that he's only twenty-two. He looked like he's entering his thirties. Asher looked very mature for his age, adding the thin beard and muscles.

"Why? You think I'm in my thirties?"

"Yes and I'm a minor." I pointed at myself and he chuckled.

"You don't need to remind me that. I know you're only seventeen, but you look more mature than your age." I walked to the sofa and sat down. I looked out the window, enjoying the beautiful night lights. Asher sat beside me.

"Why did you hide your beautiful eyes?" I turned to him instantly, "You have heterochromia. It's rare and yours is beautiful." I hate my eyes. I always wanted to hide it from the world because I got a lot of attention because of it. Some people said how ugly it was, some people praised how beautiful it was. People glanced everytime to see it and I hate it.

It's one of the big brownie points that made me got adopted too. My new parents loved my eyes so much and they were sad when I told them I wanted to hide it.

"You hate it, huh?" I didn't answer him because it's obvious.

"Why?" I glared at him, wanting him to drop the topic.

"Let's make a bet." He offered and it made me confused. We have nothing to bet on.

"If I win, every time you're with me, you'll take off your contact lenses." He stared into my eyes. "If you win, then I guess I'll never get to see your real eyes."

"No." I refused.

"Why not?"

"How about this... if I win, you'll quit stalking me and leave me alone." He crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"What if I win?" He asked.

"Then I'll show you my eyes." He was intrigued.

"Very well. You can choose the game."