Chapter 17 - THREATENED

Anastasia Creed

"Are you seriously giving me only one gun and expecting me to protect you?" I asked Asher, who's currently fixing my combat suit. He ignored my remarks and stood behind me, tying my hair up. He put an earpiece to my left ear.

"Asher."

"You need to trust me." He said and walked back to check on me.

"Are you doing this to all your guards?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"You're the only one who's getting special treatment." He smiled and checked on my knives.

"You're going to follow me and always have my back. Do you understand?" I nodded, and he patted my head.

"Let's go." I followed Asher out, and his team was already standing by. He got onto his bike, and he held my hand, helping me to get up. I wrapped my arms around him, and he drove away. I turned to see all of his men following him from behind.

I saw that we were going to the suburban side of Mexico and suddenly someone shot our tire. We fell, and I quickly got up to hit the person on the roof. I turned to see Asher running towards the building, and all of his me scattered soon around.

I followed Asher and ran up, shooting some people who followed us.

"Pete, bring the drone," Asher commanded.

Many people entered the building, and I only had one gun. I ran out of bullets right away. Fuck Asher! I took out my knives and started to stab people. I wasn't thinking, and I just killed whoever stood in front of me.

"Ana!" My head snapped to Asher, and I quickly ran to him.

"Grab those two phones." He pointed as he was fighting three men. I grabbed the two phones and helped him. He held my hand, and we jumped out to the window of the building beside it.

"Give me another gun!" I said as we kept running. He threw me another gun, and I turned around to shoot some of the cartel men who were following us.

"We got our eyes on Juan and Vladimir," Brooke announced through the earpiece. "Go down, and we'll bring you a new bike." He said, and I ran to the edge of the building to see if the bike would come.

"Ana!" Asher called, gesturing for me to enter the building so we could go down. I ran as quickly as possible, and Asher held my hand tightly. When we got down, I shot a couple of men as the bike came.

Asher got onto the bike, and I quickly caught up before. He drove away and asked Brooke for directions to Juan and Vladimir.

"Ana, I want you to listen to me."

"Okay."

"Whatever happens, you need to keep those two phones safe. Do you understand?"

"Yeah."

Brooke led us to an abandoned building where Juan and three other men waited for Asher to come. Asher parked far away from the building and got down. We walked towards them as Asher brought two helicopters and two drones to shoot them.

"Stay here." He said, and I stopped. Asher walked closer to them, and my heart was pounding, nervous for him.

"Drop your weapons," Juan said, and Asher raised his arms in the air, slowly pulling his gun and knives out from his pockets. He dropped it in front of Juan, and Juan copied his movement, throwing all the weapons to the ground.

"Where is it?"

"I will give it to you if you promise that you won't kill me," Juan begged.

"Where's Vladimir?"

"He's on his way to the airport."

"I know he's here. Bring him out." Asher said firmly. It's impossible for people not to get scared of him. His voice was firm, deep, and very intimidating.

"BRING. HIM. OUT." Asher hissed, and Juan gave his men a nod. They ran into the building and dragged Vladimir out. Vladimir looked like he was drunk.

When he saw Asher, he started to giggle.

"Brooke, take Vladimir." A car drove in, and Brooke got out to take Vladimir. Brooke immediately left, and Juan turned to me. His eyes showed so much interest.

Suddenly, a green laser was pointed at my forehead, and I could see where it came from.

"I gave you Vladimir, and you can do whatever you want with him. Let me go, or she'll die." Juan said, pointing his finger at me. I was surprisingly calm for someone who was going to die in seconds.

"Why so quiet, Asher? That's your girlfriend, right?" My eyes landed on Asher, who didn't even move or say a word.

"I'm giving you one last chance, Juan. Give me the fucking drugs, or I'm going to kill you!" Asher warned, but this time, his voice changed. It was deeper like he summoned a monster.

"Shoot her." I ran away and made a zigzag so they wouldn't be able to shoot me. I ran towards the parking lot and hid there. I checked to see if they were still trying to kill me or not. One of the helicopters flew over the building and threw a giant bomb at the rooftop, causing all of them to run out. Asher's men shot the rest.

"Come out, Ana. It's your time to torture Juan." I stood up and saw Asher already had his hands on Juan. He tied his hands to the back, and I ran towards them.

Asher threw Juan's body at me, and I made him sit on top of his man's dead. I took out my knife and started to cut his stomach open. Juan was screaming and begging Asher to spare his life.

I kept going, and Juan screamed in agony. Asher squatted in front of him as he gestured for me to stop.

"I was going to spare your wife and kids, but since you threatened me by wanting to her. I'm going to kill them without mercy."

"No! No, please..." Juan begged, and he turned to me.

"Please... I'm sorry! Don't kill them!"

"Too late."

"Asher, please! I'm sorry..." After cutting his stomach open, I started to cut his throat.

"I'm sorry." Juan turned to me, but I didn't even bother to give him a reaction.

"Threatening to kill me is one thing, but threatening to kill Ana will only lead you to death." I stopped and turned to Asher. My heart was pounding harder, and my body temperature went up instantly.

"I'm sorry, Ana!" Juan said, and before I could say something, Asher grabbed my knife and stabbed Juan straight into his heart.