Chapter 8 - LIVE MY LIFE

Anastasia Creed

The next day, I went to school expecting a rage from Veronica. Someone died yesterday, and I was ready to take the blame, but I was surprised that everyone acted like nothing happened. No one talked to me, and Veronica just walked past me like I didn't exist.

I was confused.

I thought I would get into trouble. I thought my parents would get called, and I would get expelled.

I tried to talk to one of the students, but they all avoided me. I should be grateful, but I need answers. I put my bag into my locker and grabbed a girl who passed by.

"What? What are you doing?" She freaked out, and everyone turned their attention to me.

"I want you to answer some questions for me." I pulled her into the toilet, where I locked her and two other girls inside.

"Please let us go..." The girl with blonde hair said.

"I want you to answer some questions for me, then I will let you go." They all shook heads, and I leaned my body to the door, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"I need you to explain me the situation. Did Veronica tell you all to shut up?" They all looked at each other, and the blonde-haired girl looked nervous.

"You were with Asher Serano." I raised my eyebrows.

"What's with him?" I asked, and they looked at each other again.

"Tell me, or I will lock you three here." I threatened them, and the brunette girl opened her mouth.

"You can say that he owns Seattle. He rules, and since you were seen with him yesterday, everyone wanted to avoid you so we wouldn't deal with Asher." The information was not enough to satisfy my curiosity.

"Did something happen before I came?"

"He beat ten people because they pissed him off. Every one of them got an injury that lasted until today."

"And you're telling me that he's not in jail now? I'm pretty sure you all have money to hire a—"

"They all did, but the police were on his side. We have money, but he has more money and more connections. He and his friends can get away with murder." People like Red Dog preferred to operate underground, but Asher was brave enough not to cover his tracks.

I still don't understand how he operates his shady business. He showed himself to the world, knowing damn well that a lot of people wanted to kill him. Adding the fact that he killed Red Dog recently, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of underground syndicates that wanted him dead.

"He doesn't talk to people. Girls tried to throw themselves at him, but he never showed interest. You were dancing with him at the ball, and he followed you after you humiliated him in front of everyone. We thought you would die that night, but here you are." She gestured to me.

"This morning, he came here." The gingerbread said.

"And?"

"He talked to Veronica about you, and he almost killed Dorian for trying to help her." Wow.

For now, it's enough for me to know that Asher is someone that I should avoid. We both were looking for the same person, but I needed to lay low for a while before jumping back into the hunt.

I unlocked the door and let them out.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a really deep breath. I turned around to walk out, but Asher appeared right in front of the door, causing me to take a step back instantly.

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?" I hissed and walked past him.

"I'm here to give you your 18th birthday present." I stopped and saw him showing me a big brown envelope.

"My birthday is in a few months."

"I know." He walked over to me and handed me the envelope.

"For now, I'm going to leave you alone. On your 18th birthday, I'll come again to give you your second birthday present." I looked at him skeptically before grabbing the envelope.

"If you dare stalk me again, I'll kill you in your sleep."

"Feel free to visit me. I'll be unlocking my door." He smiled and closed the gap between us. He leaned his face closer to me, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand.

"Be a good girl, Ana. Don't cause trouble, and I hope you stay alive until your 18th birthday." He kissed my forehead and walked away.

I quickly opened the envelope and found my contract with Red Dog. I was surprised he got it and gave it to me, meaning I could rip the contract and be free.

I won't be their assassin anymore.

Instead of turning around and walking to class, I ran towards Asher. I stood in front of him, and he raised his eyebrows.

"If..."

"I'm listening."

"If I agree to help you, what will I get in return?" I asked.

"You'll get my protection and join the group." I looked down at the contract and then looked up at him.

"You're living a new life now, and I will ensure that your past will never haunt you again." His voice softened.

"I'll think about it," I said, avoiding his eyes.

"You better give me your answer by your birthday." He walked past me, and I ripped the contract slowly.

"Oh! Don't even think about having boys around, Ana." I ignored what he was saying, and I turned my head to him.

"What did you just say?"

"I have eyes everywhere, and I will be watching you. You're mine to ruin, so if you dare to have boys around, I'll be sending their corpses to your house and collecting their dicks as trophies." He didn't even bother to turn around.

"Not only do you have people watching over me, but you're also not letting me live my life, huh?" I asked him in a disbelieving tone.

"Be a good girl, my little chaos." He waved and made his way out.