Chapter 33 - SEND MY WRATH

Anastasia Creed

"Let me go!" I tried to pull my hand away from his grip. I even clawed his arm in the process, hoping that he would release me, but he didn't even budge.

He opened the door to his penthouse and pushed me inside, making me fall onto the floor. I got up quickly and walked away to avoid him. His eyes showed so much anger that I was so fucking scared for my life.

"I gave you too much freedom, didn't I?" He slowly walked over to me.

"What freedom?" I scoffed as I kept avoiding him.

"Say that again..." He was not happy.

"You never gave me freedom. You have people tailing me, and now I know you have eyes everywhere." I hissed as I grabbed the nearest vase, ready to throw it at him if he came closer.

"So?"

"What do you mean 'so'? Are you insane?!" I looked at him in disbelief. "You have seven people tailing me; what am I? A child?"

"Not seven, but eight."

"Jesus. You're crazy!"

"Eight people, two snipers, and two people who always track you down. I have a team just for you, my little chaos." My jaw dropped, and I wanted to throw the vase to his face.

"Why? You don't trust me?" I asked as I walked away since he was starting to get closer and closer.

"No."

"We've been... working together for three years, and you don't trust me? You're the one who kept lying to me, Asher!" I threw the vase angrily at him, and he moved one step to his right, avoiding it.

"I don't know what did that fucker say to you, but you can't trust him!"

"You met Morganna a few times, yet you didn't tell me about her whereabouts." I grabbed another vase, ready to smash it to his head.

"Do you think it's easy to kill Morganna when she has thousands of armies in her hand?" He stopped his tracks and stared into my eyes. "I can tell you her location easily, but you'll die before you step on her territory." I let out a sarcastic scoff.

"Why do you care so much about my well-being? Give me her location, and I'll—" I was letting my guard down and never thought he would throw a small vase at me. He walked over to me, and I threw the vase I held to him. He blocked it with his arm, causing him to bleed right away.

"I dare you to say again, Ana." This time, I summoned the monster inside of him. Before I could run away, I accidentally stepped on the shattered glass. Asher wrapped his hand around my neck and threw me down to the ground. He sat on top of my body as he slowly choked me.

"We both know you're smarter than that, Ana. If I don't care about you, why would I have twelve people looking after you for twenty-four seven?!"

"You lied! You fucking lied!" I screamed my lungs out, and I had a hard time breathing after that.

"That's all you can say, huh? That I lied?" He pulled his hand away but remained on top of me.

"We had a deal!" I tried to grab his neck and tried to flip him over, but he was built like a bulldozer.

"I quit," I said, and I regretted it immediately because Asher looked like he wanted to kill me now. He grabbed a piece of glass and pointed the sharp edge on my chest.

"I want to join A and be with the Ravens. He will help me kill Morganna and—" Asher pushed the sharp edge onto my skin, and I quickly grabbed a piece of shattered glass and punched him with it. Blood came out immediately, and there was a big cut from his jaw down to his neck.

I pushed him off me, ready to run away, but he grabbed my hair and cut my arm with the shattered glass. I screamed and punched so hard that the side of his body fell. I got up and ran towards the door, but Asher caught me. He dragged me by the hair back to the living room and pushed my body to the sofa.

He grabbed my wrist with one hand and put it above my head. He was still bleeding, and his blood was dripping on my chest.

"Do you think I will let you go to be with the Ravens?"

"I'm not asking for your permission, asshole." We stared at each other briefly before he let out a small sarcastic chuckle.

"You want to die, huh?"

"At least I'll die in peace." His grip on my wrist tightened, and he dug his nails into my skin. He leaned his head closer to me.

"I didn't tell you her location for three years because I know I won't be able to protect you."

"I don't need your protection. You never care about me anyway."

"Watch your fucking my mouth, Ana!"

"Am I wrong for saying that?! You send me to kill people, and you use me as your sex toy, and you go around parading me like I'm some trophy. You never cared about my feelings. You lied and didn't tell me about Andreas!" I screamed at him, and Asher looked away. 

Without any warning, Asher let me go and got away. He went to the kitchen table, where he put his phone earlier. Then he made his way back to me, throwing me his phone. He showed me a voice recording file.

I pressed play.

"Well, well, well... who do we have here? Asher Serano. What do you want?"

"I want to kill Morganna, and you're going to help me," Asher said straight forward.

"You know that's impossible, right? Considering how many armies she got." The man let out a small chuckle.

"You're going to help me, Rob."

"No, I'm not risking my life for your little revenge, Serano." Then there was a lot of commotion where I heard lots of gunshots and lots of screams.

"Stop! Stop! Fine... I'll help you! Put your guns away from my wife and kids!" Rob begged.

"I need one hundred of your men. I'm going to build an army."

"One hundred men is too much. I'm not ri—" I could hear a woman scream in agony. She yelled at Rob, begging him to agree.

"Okay, okay! I'll give you one hundred people... please..."

"Good. Now I want you to hook me up with all your friends. I need fully trained soldiers..."

"Asher, you— fine! Okay... Don't shoot my wife again, please..." I pushed the stop button and played another file. I played them one by one and checked the dates of all of the files that he saved.

"Bring me her head in a week, Asher. If you can't do that, I'll send my wrath to you."