Chapter 35 - NOTHING

Asher Serano

One thing I've noticed about myself when I'm around Ana is that I always want her attention on me. I want her to always look at me, I want her to think about me constantly, and I want her always to know that I'm the only one who can protect her.

She's stubborn, so I had to put her into place.

As much as I want to kill Morganna, I can't kill her now. I don't have enough power to destroy her yet, and I don't want to risk Ana's life before I make a bargain with Morganna while planning how to kill her without waking up other lions inside her den.

When A decided to take her and feed her with some truths about her brother, I knew she would want to go there. I bet A knew how skilled Ana was and wanted her to be on his side to help Dean remember his past. He's her brother, after all.

Ana opened her eyes slowly, and she turned to me. She looked confused as she looked around to see the unfamiliar room.

"Where are we?"

"Somewhere far away from Seattle, you can't run away anymore," I said, and she got up to see exactly where we were, and she turned to me angrily.

"This is a good chance for us to talk then." She crossed her arms in front of her chest and walked over to me. She sat on the bed, facing me, demanding answers from whatever A told her.

"You knew my brother was alive. Why didn't you tell me?" She stared at me as if she tried to read my mind.

"He doesn't remember you. He's sick, and I'm sure you know that now."

"Why didn't you TELL ME?!" She raised her voice.

"What's the purpose of telling you? He changed his identity, his face, and he doesn't even remember you."

"So you never wanted to tell me about him?"

"I'm planning to after we kill Morganna."

"Speaking about Morganna. You've been seeing her and didn't even tell me her location. Why?" She glared at me, and I smiled.

"Are you asking out of jealousy or what?"

"Jealous? We're fuck buddies, nothing more." We both know that a fucking lie, but I decided not to say anything about it.

"Because it's not the right time."

"I want to quit. I'll be joining the Ravens with my brother, so you better find a new fuck buddy so I can go without you—"

"You signed a lifetime contract with me, and you will never step foot in New York again. I will never let you see your broth—"

"Let me ask you this once, Asher. I want you to fucking answer it honestly because I will never ask you again." She said, and I nodded.

"What are we? Are we in a relationship? Because you always act like you own me, you have a team to tail me, you hate when others touch me, and you always remind me that I'm yours, but you never label it. What am I to you?" I bit my tongue as I stared into her eyes. My head and heart were battling as I tried to figure out how to answer her question.

"You're mine. Everything about you is mine, my little chaos."

"Answer the damn question, Asher."

"We're not in a relationship. We will never be in one. I own you, but you don't own me. We'll never be more than we have now, and that's that." I could see the pain in her eyes. Her arms fell on her sides, and I could see her jaw clenched.

I wanted her to ask me why. I wanted her to beg me to tell her why.

"How long are you planning to keep me?"

"As long as I wish."

"Do you realize that you act like you're in love with me, but at the same time, you only want to use me for your benefit? You're treating me like a call girl." Her voice cracked, and I looked away, trying not to pull my fucking heart out.

"One day, I want to see the look on your face when I die trying to kill Morganna."

Anastasia Creed

Sometimes, I told myself that Asher has always cared about me, and he wanted to keep me safe because he loves me. If not love, he can at least admit that he's still figuring out his feelings, but he told me that we won't have more than what we have now.

My heart somehow froze itself, and I could barely feel anything.

For once, I thought one day I could have my happy ending, but I guess I'm wrong.

Asher will only see me as someone he can use and give me protection in return. He will never see me as more than a property because he owns me, but I don't own him.

For now, I decided to stick with him. I need to find his weaknesses so I can use them against him. I wanted to torture his feelings the way he tortured mine, and that can be done if I get engaged or marry his members.

He can't kill them, they all vowed, and I know Asher will never break a vow.

I slipped away from him and got out of bed to the living room. I sat on the sofa and looked at the TV blankly as I turned my head around.

I want to see how far he will go, and then I will toy with his feelings. I will show him that I own him more than he owns me. I got up and walked back into the room.

"Asher..." I called, and he opened his eyes instantly.

"I'm hungry. Can you make me something?" He turned to me in disbelief. He checked the time and got up from the bed.

"What do you want?"

"I just want something to eat. I'm hungry."

"You can cook." He reminded me.

"Since when?"

"You can cook eggs and bacon, Ana." He's fucking annoyed, but he made his way out of the room.

"Please..." He looked at me suspiciously.

"Fuck it. You can go back to sleep, asshole." I tried to push him back to the bedroom, but he stood there like a statue.

"Sit." He ordered.

"Woof." I barked, and Asher looked at me disgusted.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I barked again, and he looked like he was losing his marbles.

"You told me that you own me, but I don't own you. It reminds me that I think I'm pretty equal to a dog, no?"