Chapter 37 - RETURN

Asher Serano

"We lost him."

"Fuck!" I threw my earpiece as I saw Ana waving to the camera. She smirked and walked out of the warehouse-like it was her stage.

"What's wrong with her?" Kayden asked, completely confused.

"This is our fourth time losing our target, Serano. You need to stop sending her to the field." Clyde pointed out, and I turned to him, glaring. Clyde pointed at the screen, and Ana got onto her bike. I quickly put my earpiece back.

"Ana!"

"Yes, darling?" She answered in a lovely tone.

"You better get Juan, or I'm going to fucking kill you!"

"Babe, I'm tired. My feet hurt, and my back, too. Will you give me a ma—"

"Ana!" I screamed at her.

"Yes, asshole?" Her tone changed, and everyone in the room got tensed instantly.

"I want you to bring me Juan, or I'll fucking hunt you down."

"No." With that, she ended the call and drove away.

"Fuck!" I hissed and walked out of the computer room.

"Where's Calland?" I asked Brooke, and he pointed to the meeting room. I busted in and found him currently on a call with someone. I grabbed him by his collar and punched him so hard that his face kissed the floor.

"What the fuck?!"

"How often must I tell you not to let Ana join the mission? You had one job, Calland!" Mason turned to me, and blood started dripping out from his nose. He let out a small chuckle before standing up.

"Do you expect me to listen to you when you didn't even listen to me?!"

"I'm the leader here!" I grabbed his collar, and Mason pushed me away.

"Leader? You've been fucking lacking these days, Serano." We both glared at each other, and Ares walked into the room. He immediately separates us.

"Ana's hurt, Asher."

"Don't save her; she needs to learn her lesson." I pushed Ares away and walked into my office. I turned off all the lights and sat on the sofa.

These days, I've been having trouble sleeping. Ever since Ana confessed her love for me, I've been having nightmares about her dying.

I care for her, but I don't do love.

I vowed never to love, never to settle down, and never to be happy. I was cursed, and every time I wanted to let her go...

I just can't.

I took my phone out and called Brooke.

"What happened to Ana?" I asked weakly as I ran my hands through my hair.

"She caught Juan but got stabbed. On the side of her stomach." I face-palmed myself.

"Go get her."

"She went off, sir. We're tracking her down now."

Anastasia Creed

I drove off into the woods with tears rolling down my cheeks. I was going at high speed; I just needed some time alone. The side of my stomach kept bleeding, but I couldn't care less.

When I thought it was far enough, I stopped my bike and got off. I decided to take a walk and sat under the biggest tree. I looked up to the gloomy sky and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

My phone rang, and I took it out of my pocket.

It's Asher.

I decided to pick it up.

"Where are you?!" He asked in an angry tone.

"..."

"Ana!"

"..."

"Stay with me on the phone, and we'll get you."

"..."

"Ana..." He sounded so desperate that I almost laughed.

"Send Mason here."

"What?"

"I want Mason to pick me up." With that, I ended the call.

After more than fifteen minutes, they successfully located me. I saw Asher walking towards me, and his face was unreadable. I couldn't tell if he was angry or not.

"Where's Mason?"

"He's not here."

"I want Mason."

"Don't be ridiculous!" He raised his voice. We both glared at each other until Brooke reminded him that I was injured. He grabbed my hand and forced me to stand up. He put my arm around his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around my body.

"I always hate it when you do this."

"Good. Better get that hatred up..." I said weakly. Two doctors quickly rushed over to me and treated my wounds. Suddenly, another car came into the picture, and Mason came out of the vehicle.

I smiled and waved at him.

"What the fuck were you thinking, Creed?" Mason asked as he gave me a bottle of water. I noticed that he got a cut on the corner of his lips.

"Thanks. What happened to you?"

"Are you hurt badly?" He ignored my question.

"No."

"What do you mean no?!" Asher hissed.

"Stop being mean when she's injured, asshole." Mason tapped his stomach with the back of his hand.

"Why are you here?"

"She asks for me."

"Thanks for coming here," I said, ignoring the glare from Asher.

"Are you happy now? I got Juan, and you can go take care of him." I hissed.

"You know I don't give a fuck about him when you're injured. Why do you even—"

"I don't need you to lecture me, Asher. Leave... Aw!" I glared at the doctors, who immediately apologized. I let out a sigh and laid my head fully on the pillow.

"You can go home. I'll take care of her." Mason said, and surprisingly, Asher left. Mason turned his head to make sure that Asher left.

"Let's do it."

"Do what?"

"Get engaged." I let out a chuckle.

"What made you change your mind?"

"A lot of things, and I want you to give me something in return." He said, and I nodded.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow."

"What happened between you two?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing doesn't explain what he's been doing at the headquarters, Ana..." I shook my head.

"He doesn't care about me, let alone do shit because of our relationship. I'm putting it to an end, Calland. I'm sick of him already, and I only want him to throw me away..."

"We both know damn well that he will never throw you away."

"I just hope he will."