Chapter 28 - FUN GAMES

Asher Serano

"Do you mind explaining why you are here in Seattle?" Kayden asked as I sat down on the sofa in the computer room.

"I have work."

"You're supposed to be in Virginia, drawing some blood from her parents." Kayden turned his seat around to face me, and I ignored him by checking the new documents.

Ares and Mason walked in with their laptops, and they were surprised to see me at the headquarters. Ares sat beside me and poked my arm to see if I was real or not. Mason sat across me, staring at me as if I were a new species.

"Stop looking at me. I'm in the mood to take some eyeballs." I said coldly, and the three of them looked away.

"Where's Ana?" Ares asked as he let out a cough.

"Resting."

"Did something happen?" Mason asked curiously.

"No."

"Why are you back so early?" Ares' eyes looked like they were going to pop from its socket.

"I have work."

"You've been lacking, Serano." I looked up to Kayden, and he immediately turned around. I leaned my body back on the sofa and looked up to the ceiling.

"You like her a lot, do you?" Mason asked.

"No."

"You should explain yourself why you didn't tell her that you got Morganna's location. That witch is in Spain as we speak." Kayden pointed at the computer, giving me the map of Morganna's exact location.

"You made a deal, Asher. End it and kill her." Ares suggested.

"You need to stop this game. It's wasting your time, our time, and she's a menace to our group." Kayden added, and I turned to him, bored.

"Do you want me to call some blondes?" Ares asked, and I decided to ignore them. I continued to work and went out because I had a meeting related to our new business and the headquarters.

"Your lunch, sir." Brooke walked into my office after I ended a three-hour-long meeting with the members and some of the legal team.

"Thanks, Brooke. What is she doing now?" I asked as I opened the paper bag and saw sushi as my lunch.

"She's at school, sir. The Creeds will return tonight, so I'm sure she will go out with her family." I nodded.

"Keep an eye on her. Tell Mich I want him to bug her phone next time, and she's been contacting some dude." I opened the box and grabbed a chopstick to eat my sushi.

"Okay." He said as he looked at me weirdly.

"What?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"You can tell me." He hesitated, but I gestured for him to talk.

"I don't think it's a good idea to keep Ms.Creed around. She's good, but you've been so distracted lately, and I think her presence will affect your performance in the future."

"I'm using her, Brooke. I need her to lead me to Trey." Brooke gasped when he heard Trey's name.

"I thought he's dead."

"He's not. He has nine lives, just like Ana's brother."

"Are you going to tell her he's alive?" Brooke raised his eyebrows.

"No."

"He's with the Ravens." Brooke sat down and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Wouldn't it be better for her to be with the Ravens?" I instantly glared at him. "Her brother will—" He stopped and gulped slowly.

"Will what?"

"WILL WHAT?!" I slammed my hand on the table.

"He will protect her and kill Morganna for her. She won't hold you back. Besides, what if he finds out you have his sister." I let out a sarcastic scoff and rolled my eyes.

"Ana won't be able to recognize him. He changed his face, his name, and he won't be able to remember her."

"What do you mean that he won't be able to remember her."

"He got into an accident a few years back. He didn't remember shit about his family, let alone remembers that he has a sister." I smirked and looked at Brooke, who looked like he was going to piss himself.

"Does his friends know about his past?"

"I don't think so."

"Which one is her brother?"

"Why do you want to know, Brooke?"

"Never mind." He got up and left my office. I finished my lunch and decided to call Ana. I want to see what she's up to, even though I have people tailing her.

"I'm not in the mood to talk to you." She answered my call, and I chuckled hearing her. Jesus, I had a long day of meetings from dawn to the afternoon, and her voice just made my day.

"What are you doing?"

"Ask your dogs." I laughed at her sarcastic tone.

"I'll pick you up after school. We can get an early dinner together."

"No, thanks." She's been annoyingly cold after we talked that night. I drew the line so she wouldn't dare to go over it, but now I'm regretting it. I still don't know where I stand when it comes to her.

"Come to the headquarters after school then... I'll be—"

"No. I'm going to meet a friend."

"Who?"

"Why should I tell you? We're business partners." She hung up, and I threw my phone to the table, annoyed.

Anastasia Creed

"Are you free now?" I asked Owen after he picked up the call.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Let's meet up."

"Now?"

"Yes. I'll send you the location, and meet me there in 30." I checked the time and looked around to see where Asher's dogs were.

"Did something happen?"

"Nothing, but I want you to act like we slept around before." Owen laughed at my statement.

"Who's the unlucky guy?"

"We're business partners."

"He said that you are both just business partners?"

"Yes. I want to see his reaction if I play with another man."

"You're crazy. I don't want to die tonight." He sighed.

"You won't because I'm teaching him a lesson."

"How much are you willing to pay?" Owen asked in a joking tone.

"Five thousand dollars and a ticket to Dubai."

"Fuck." He hissed excitedly.

"What do you want me to do?"

"You'll know what do to. Bring a new vibrator... a new one, Owen." I said in a severe tone because the last time I hung out with him, he gave his friend a used vibrator and other sex toys.

"I'm putting my shitty life ask risk here. You better protect me."

"It'll be fun."