Chapter 21 - A BET

Asher Serano

I don't know how deep Anastasia's trauma is, but after seeing her stabbing that man, I knew she would give no mercy to the witch. I knew the witch so well because I was one of her victims, too.

"I injected her with midazolam." I turned to Vic, one of the Bloodhounds' doctors, and nodded.

"Good."

"We will check her constantly, Mr.Serano. You don't need to worry." With that, Vic left, and I sat on the bed beside Ana, who was sleeping soundly after strangling and trying to kill me.

The door busted open, revealing Ares and Clyde, "What the fuck happened?" Ares asked.

"Brooke said Ana almost killed you," Clyde said as I turned to Ana, caressing her cheek.

"She got triggered, that's all."

"That's all? You know that she can kill you, right?" Ares pointed and raised his voice, pissed.

"I'm aware."

"You need to let her go," Clyde sighed.

"No. Not yet." I held her hand and turned to my friends, who hated the idea of me keeping Ana around.

"You both need to trust me. I have everything under control." I assured them, and Clyde rolled his eyes. Ares shook his head and walked out the door.

"I don't know why you're doing this, Asher." Clyde followed Ares and left me with Ana.

"Let's kill the witch together, Ana."

Anastasia Creed

"Anastasia..." I could hear someone calling me from far away.

"Anastasia... Come back to me, child."

"Anastasia..."

"Anastasia, if you behave... I'll bring you to Andreas."

"Anastasia..."

"If you don't listen to me, I'll fucking kill your brother!" I opened my eyes and sat up. My heart was beating fast, sweat streaming down my forehead, my head was spinning, and my body temperature went up drastically.

I looked around to see an empty hospital room. I ripped the IV and quickly got off the bed, planning to run away. I ran out of the room and gasped to see three guards at the door.

"Mr.Serano, she's awake." Then it clicked.

I'm not in the Witch lair, and I'm in the Bloodhound's underground headquarters.

"Ms.Creed, please go back inside." One of the guards gestured for me to go back inside. I didn't budge, and I decided to wait for Asher to come.

"Ana." My head immediately turned to Asher. He approached me and grabbed my hand, dragging me back inside. I wanted to ask him what happened, but he sat me down on the hospital bed. Asher held my left hand and showed my bleeding hands.

I ripped the IV too fast, and I just realized that I'd been dripping blood everywhere.

"I just left five minutes ago, and this happens." He sighed.

"What happened?"

"You were drunk, Ana. I had to carry you and bring you here."

"What's with the IV, though?" I pointed as Asher called the doctor.

"You're not waking up. I think you were drugged." I tried to remember what happened last night, but somehow, my mind went blank.

"Why did you rip the IV off?" Asher asked as he let the doctor treat me. My eyes followed him, "I had a bad dream."

"You're safe here." I turned silent after he said that. I let the doctor clean and treat my wound. After the doctor left, I decided to ask Asher about the witch.

"Why do you want to look for the witch?"

"He killed my uncle." Asher's answer made me raise my eyebrows.

"What?" He asked.

"Red Dog killed your uncle."

"The Witch ordered Red Dog to do so..."

"Have you ever..." I was debating whether I should ask him about the camp. I looked at him, hesitating. I bit my bottom lip and looked down at my hands.

"Ask me."

"Have you ever gone into the camp?" I asked, and it came out in a whisper.

"Yeah." My head snapped to him, and Asher nodded.

"Did she..."

"Yeah." I gasped and covered my mouth with both of my hands.

"We are both victims." He pointed out, and I closed my eyes, trying not to remember about the camp.

"How long?" I asked.

"A year. How about you?"

"Two years." Silence hugged us as we both drowned in our thoughts about The Witch, the camp, and how traumatizing it was.

"We're going to kill her. I promise."

"You better keep your deal. I want to kill her and—"

"And what?" He cut me, and I turned to him.

"I don't know."

"What do you have in mind? Kill yourself?" His tone changed drastically.

"I want a new life."

"Like what?"

"Learn how to move on, live in another country, get married, have a kid... I just want a life where I don't kill people for a living." I let out a long sigh.

I've been running all my life. I've moved a lot and never really had a home. Even though my number one option is to commit suicide after killing the witch, somehow, I'm holding onto a string of hope that maybe... maybe one day I can be happy.

I want a home. Not just a building but a family that I can come home to.

The Creeds are great, but they often go on a business trip, so...

"You want to be ordinary?" He looked offended by my statement.

"You got a problem with that?" I glared at him.

"Someone like you won't be able to live an ordinary life."

"Someone like me?" I pointed at myself and rolled my eyes. I let out a small chuckle and put my hand before him.

"Let's make a bet." Asher shook his head, mocking me. "After I kill the witch, I will get married in a year. I'll get pregnant the next year and move to Swiss because I love nature." I said proudly as I'm waiting for Asher to shake my hand.

"If I win, you'll give me a million dollars," I smirked.

"And what if I win?"

"I'll give you a million dollars."

"No."

"What do you want then?"

"You're going to be my assassin as long as I want." I scoffed. He's fucking ridiculous.

"No."

"Why not? You're confident enough that you're going to get married within a year after you kill her."

"I am!" I hissed.

"Then, if I win, you'll be my assassin for life."

"Fuck you, Asher." I took his hand, shaking it.