Chapter 12 - PUNISHMENT

Anastasia Creed

"You look beautiful, honey." Mom said as I walked down the stairs with my grey bodycon dress.

"Thanks, mom."

"Happy birthday again, Ana," Dad said as he opened his arms, and I hugged him.

The Creeds have treated me so well, and I still can't believe they officially adopted me. I've been happier even though I still get depressed sometimes. I've been running all my life, and for the first time in my life, I have two people that I can call home.

"Let's go." Mom said, and we got into the limo and went straight to the restaurant they booked for me—the restaurant on the rooftop of a five-star hotel. We walked into the restaurant, and they put us on the table beside the window.

We ordered some food, and I looked out the window. I was busy looking at the view down below. Then I saw his reflection, and I turned around to see if he was real.

Asher sat a few tables away from me, and he got up, walking towards where I was sitting. I glared at him and shook my head, not wanting him to come near me.

"Isn't that Asher?" Mom asked.

"That's Asher."

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs.Creed." Asher greeted my parents.

"Hi, Ana." My parents' eyes widen.

"How did you two know each other?" My mom pointed at me and Asher back to back.

"I introduced myself to her at the ball."

"Oh? How come you never tell us you have a friend, Ana?" My dad asked, and I smiled awkwardly.

"We're not friends."

"Ouch."

"Are you alone, Asher?" My dad asked, and I knew exactly where this was going. I turned to him and eyed him, but he ignored me.

"Yes."

"Is it okay if Asher joins us, Ana?" Mom asked, and I nodded.

"It's Ana's birthday today." Mom added, and I wanted to palm myself in this situation. Asher sat beside me, making himself cozy.

"Happy Birthday, Ana."

"Thanks."

"You should order, Asher," Dad said as he called the waiter.

"I'll order the same thing as Ana," Asher said to the waiter and thanked him.

"How's your dad doing?" Dad asked him, and I was surprised to see my parents liking Asher. I thought Asher didn't mingle a lot.

"He's doing great, Mr.Creed. He will come back next month."

"That's great to hear. It's been so long since we got together." I am not learning about my dad being close to Asher's dad.

Suddenly, Asher's phone rang, and he excused himself to take the call. I turned to my parents, wanting an explanation from both of them.

"You know him?"

"Who doesn't know the Seranos? They're one of the richest families in Seattle. We're very close with his parents, but they've been expanding their business to Europe, so his parents have been away." Dad said.

"Asher was adopted, too." Mom added, and I was surprised to hear it. Asher knew many things about me, but I knew nothing about him. I looked out the window dumbfounded.

"I was surprised that he introduced himself to you. Asher hates talking to people." Dad said, and I nodded.

"Sorry." Asher came back, and I turned to him.

"Why are you here alone?" I asked him, and he smiled.

"I like to enjoy my dinner alone, Ana."

"Then you should—"

"Ana." My mom cut me, and I pouted, causing Asher to chuckle.

"Mr. and Mrs.Creed, I would like to take Ana on a date tomorrow. I want to ask your permission first." My jaw dropped. My parents looked at each other and turned to me.

"A date?" My mom asked.

"Yes. After I met her at the ball, I've wanted to ask her out but never found the perfect timing for it."

"What do you think, Ana?" Dad asked as Asher touched my thigh, signaling me to agree.

"I want to focus on my studies first." I turned to Asher, smirking. His eyes darkened as he slowly trailed his hand up. I turned to my parents, who looked so confused. Asher's hand reached my inner thigh, reaching my pussy.

"Okay." He said, and I pushed his hand away.

My parents started to talk to Asher and asked about his work. Asher told them that he's a businessman currently focusing on trading. My parents seemed fond of Asher, and when the food came, we all ate together as we talked about the business industry.

Then my parents surprised me with a cake.

We ate dessert, and Asher excused himself. He told my parents that he would send me a birthday gift tomorrow.

"What do you think about Asher?" I asked them after Asher left.

"Asher has always been popular among girls, but we knew he never dated anyone. Some of his dad's friends' daughters tried to date him, but none caught his eye. I was surprised that he asked you on a date." Mom said, and Dad nodded.

"But it's up to you if you want to accept it or not," Dad added, and I smiled, completely thankful to have them. I'm glad that they didn't force me into accepting Asher.

Asher: I'm going to punish you.

He texted me, and I ignored him.

We went back home, and I quickly removed my makeup so I could go to sleep a little early. I washed my face and started my skincare routine. Then I changed into my PJs.

"Focus on your studies?" I almost screamed when I saw Asher in the reflection, and he was standing at my bathroom door.

"You fucking scared me!" I turned to him, and he eyed me from head to toe. I covered my body and glared at him. He leaned his body to the door frame.

"Are you going to ask me how I got here?"

"I know you're skilled enough to open my balcony door."

"Did I tell you that you look so beautiful today?" He asked.

"Get out. I'm tired." I said as I walked past him, but he caught my arm. Suddenly, he pulled both my hands to the back. I kicked him and punched him. He quickly threw another punch, but I dodged it quickly. When I threw another punch at him, he caught me and twisted my arm. I tried to pull away, but he quickly grabbed my other arm.

He pushed my front against the wall to tie my hands together.

"What the fuck are you doing, Asher?!"

"Punishing you for rejecting me in front of your parents."