Chapter 3

Scarlett's POV:

She couldn't even look at me. Not once. She looks so different from how she looked in the pictures. She looks exhausted. She's also got a nose piecing which even though I think she's too young it definitely suits her. Colin had messaged me 30 minutes ago to tell me that they were on there way back, so they should be arriving soon. Madeline hasn't left her room since she got here and that's been over an hour.

"Madeline could you come down for a bit" I asked as I opened her bedroom door. She was face planting the pillow and only mumbled a 'come in ' when I knocked. 

"Give me a sec" she said sounding half asleep. Maybe I should of just waited.

Madeline's POV:

She left the room a few minutes ago and get I still can't bring myself to go downstairs. After a few more minutes of contemplating jumping out the window, I grabbed my hoodie,phone and airpods and made my way downstairs. I sat down on the chair furthest away from Scarlett and put my airpods in hopefully hinting to her that I don't want to talk. Scarlett stands up and leaves the room. Was I being rude putting my head phones in? 

I take my head phones out just as Colin walks into the room being followed by a blonde,little girl who squealed and ran to me. I get pushed back by a hug from her.

"Hi I'm rose, your my sister" she says nearly strangling me with her arms.

"Rose maybe let her go yeah? so she can breathe" Colin laughs.

" Oops, sorry" she says letting go. I take a big breathe before looking at her and smilling.

 "Hi rose it's nice to meet you" I say breathless. She smiled at me and sits next to me.

 "Mommy said that you live in England. And I googled England and it says that it's a cold place and that a king lives there" 

 "Umm yeah. I used to live there but I moved here a few years ago" I say smilling at her excitement.

 "Then how come I've never met you before, if you've lived here for a few years?" 

 " because I lived at a boarding school"

 "And now you dont?"

 "And now I dont" 

Rose just smiled at me and then grabbed the remote, telling me she was putting sponge bob on. I just smiled and put my phone in my pocket. Scarlett was stood in the doorway, staring at us, I didn't look at her once. I still didn't want to think about how I'm suppose to be living here with her for however long my dad takes in Spain and knowing him it will be months.

The doorbell wrang and Colin stood up to get it, Scarlett moved into the room and sat in the chair Colin was sitting in.

Colin's POV:

I had ordered pizza. I didn't want to cook and I don't think Scarlett was in the right mind zone to cook, she had only just been told about Madeline coming to live with us yesterday and since then has been decorating her room.

I opened the front door to lizzie stood there holding the pizzas I had ordered.

 "Your not the pizza guy" I laughed

 "Ha ha. I told him to just give them to me since I was coming here already . Is she here?" Lizzie asked walking into the house.

 " yeah just through there" I said pointing to the living room.

 "Cool" she said before giving me the pizzas and walking into the room, me following.

Scarlett's POV:

Lizzie was here. Why was Lizzie here? She came and hugged me telling me that she couldn't miss the opportunity to come and meet her goddaughter.

 "Madeline. This is Elizabeth, your godmother" I said. She looked up at me. She actually looked at me. Okay so it isn't that big of a deal but still. Lizzie walked over to her and smiled pulling her into a hug. Madeline seemed a bit shocked at that but recovered quickly and I could see a small smile on her face.

Maddie's POV:

Elizabeth came and hugged me. I was a bit surprised at first but she seems like a nice person.

 "It's Maddie by the way" I mumbled in the hug. I didn't like being called Madeline and I haven't been called that in a while unless I'm in trouble.

 "Yeah well it's Lizzie. Elizabeth make me feel old" I laughed at that as we separated and she greeted rose.

 "Maddie-line" rose said

 "Huh?" I asked confused. Who the fucks maddie-line?

 " your name maddie-line" she said like that's a common name.

 "Mad-a-lin" I said 

 " that's what I said"

 "No you said maddie-line"

 "What's the difference?"

 " a lot. That's like me calling you rosie"

 "But that's not my name" 

 "Maddie-line isn't mine"

 "Tomato,tomata"

 " just call me Maddie kid" I said giving up.

 "But that's not your name"

 "No but it's a shorter version of it and I prefer it"

 "Alright"

 "Lets just eat the pizza, that Lizzie so kindly brought" Colin said laughing at me and rose. Lizzie smiled at Colin and followed him into the dining room, me and rose following behind.Scarlett was already in there setting up plates and drinks. I hadn't even noticed she had left the room.

Rose dragged me to a seat next to her and luckily Lizzie as well. Scarlett gave me some pizza to which I mumbled a 'thank you' too. What! I'm not going to be rude.

 "Maddie? Mommy told me that you dance ."

 " yeah" I said having my pizza. How does Scarlett know I do dance? Oh shit dad mentioned it when he dropped me off.

 "How long have you been doing it for?" Lizzie asked

 "Umm nearly 11 years. although I did take a 1year break" I said counting up the years.

 "We have a dance studio type room downstairs, I'll show you it after." Rose said excitedly. I just nodded and smiled. At least I can use that when I need to. In the house in England, we had a dance studio in the house that dad had done for me and it was my favourite place ever.

 " after can you show me some videos of you dancing? " Rose asked innocently. Okay how do I say no to that? doesn't help she's smilling sweetly at me.

 "Yeah, sure kid" I said. Ugh I was planning on staying in my room and avoiding them all.

 "Yay! You can show me to" lizzie said nugging my shoulder.

Ugh this is going to be fun.

________________________________________________________________________________

OKAYY I KNOW IT'S GONE A BIT QUICK. INTRODUCING ROSE TO MADDIE AND THEN LIZZIE. BUT I COULDN'T WAIT FOR LIZZIE AND HER TO MEET SO OH WELL.

COLIN IS GOING TO BE THE GOOD GUY IN THIS BOOK, TOO MANY PEOPLE OUT HIM AS THE BAD ONE.

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘